Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hey ya'all ! Just check in.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey ya'all ! Just check in.
    Posted: March 20 2009 at 12:23am

I have had one heck of a fall-winter. Changed my kids school district, then decided to move ( in that order), I could go on and on, but I will save you all the headache. I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing, how the growing goes, and catch up.
I have not measured my hair most likely since around sept.And seein as how we moved, I don't even know were my tape is.But... I can say that I can easily reach around to the back of my waist and play with it. I have been triming more frequently than I normally would, but I have had these weird layers growing out from when it was cut way back when with the razor.( I hate the razor oh my gosh, that was the weirdest feeling!)
I have been fighting the urge to go get it layered, and high-lighted. Esspecially moving to a new town, I some what was feeling pretty frumpy. Like one of those women who goes on the oprah show and gets one of those " much needed make overs". But
But I resisted, and conqured over the evil hair cut temptress!
Sooo... I don't know about you guys but I can not wait for winter to be over, and I can dig in the dirt again!
Well, good night, and happy growing!Hug
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2009 at 2:43pm
Hi Alisa,

Great to see you again.  Best of luck with everything in your new homeSmile

As for my hair, it is hard to cut off the bad ends, but I have been doing really well with the search and destroy method.  I also found my new "wonder" cream.  It is by Kiehls and it is amazing.  When I ordered some poo and stuff I got a free sample and fell in love with it instantly.  I only use a pea size, and it put it on my ends.  I have tangle free hair all day, and most of all I do not get any build up!  I have been using it on my boys hair too, and again - tangle free hair!  The longest point of my hair now is at my waist, but my hair is in a v cut.  I still have awhile to get the rest there - but it is growing!!!

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 5:31am
Hi Alisa Smile Good to hear from you! I know I'm ready for spring too!

I finally got rid of all my nasty layers and stopped trimming my hair. I'm looking forward to reaching APL soon, about another inch or so!!! I've been buying some pretty hair toys and learning some updos. It's hard at this length!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 1:16pm
Hey Kimbearly, and Paper!  it is good to "see" you again!
We had a peak of sun the past few days and it was wonderful! then today, when we woke up, there was a dusting of snow on the ground! AAAHHH!!!
I transplanted my flowers last oct, before we moved in Nov.I am hoping that they will come back alright, and have had enough time to heal in. We got a lot of snow this year, so I am also hoping that it insulated them from the 17 below temps. To help with my end of winter blues, I got some herb seeds I am going to start inside.
I am glad to hear you have found a product that works so well for you Kimbearly! I may have to give it a go. At the moment, I am using the Aussie moist line. There are a few big cones in it, but I have come to the conclusion that my hair is just way to corse to be completly cone free. The 3 minute miracle has very few, but the normal conditioner has a bit. So I am trieing to use the deeper one more than the other. I really like this line, though. It tames down the corseness,and my curls pattern is very defined!I really like the spray leave-in. It really helps with any tangles, and my hair seems to just suck it up. It also seems to act almost like a styling aid.
It is hard to figure out what to do with hair at the longer lengths.I find that I leave it down more than not, but only because it is so thick that I really can't put it up for very long.When I am just at home cleaning, I will usually put in in a classic braid.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 4:09pm

I have to agree, everyone's hair acts differently to each product.  For me the Aussie line made my hair very flat, but for someone like you who is blessed with super thick hair - it is keeping it under control. 

As for warm weather - waiting for that too.  It goes from 50 to 20 here in NJ.  Hoepfully mother nature will make up her mind soon.

and.....hi Paperyes

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 5:42am
Hi Kimbearly Big%20smile

Do you ladies have any recent pictures to share? Are you getting close to your goals?
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 5:40pm
I am getting ready to post some new pics of hair growth.  I actually went out and bought something - new hair extensions.  I have not worn them in awhile, but I wanted to again.  I like to wear the clip-on method and I make them myself.   Even though my hair is getting pretty long, I want it longer - like right now.  As far as my goal - I am still a few years away from it.

Why did I buy extension do you say?  Well, I  find that my hair grows faster when I wear the extensions, since I do not brush my hair at all when I wear them.  I also wear them pretty far down the back of my head, so the extension hair is what usually rubs on clothes and such. This combination of not brushing and less rubbing seems to make my own hair split a lot less.  I will post pics if you like when I get the new extensions.  They should be in the mail in the next few days. 
Most of all I like them and I like the way my hair looks with them.  Life is short too and I want long hair now dang it!

iagreesign

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2009 at 6:50am
I'd love to see your pictures Kimbearly! You make some good points on wearing hair extentsions. As long as you enjoy your hair is most important, so why not!

I'll post my April 1st progess picture.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2009 at 11:23pm
I'll try to get around to taking an updated pic soon. I actually would be curious to see what it looks like myself.
I do have "super thick" hair. I find that I often am wishing that it is not quite so thick, so I could more up-do's with it. There has to be a happy-medium somewhere, unfortunatly, we don't get to pick and choice.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2009 at 11:23am
Hi guys!  I too have had a crazy fall/winter.  (I'm sooooo happy spring is here!!!  I love sunshine and being outdoors.)  I moved, had a change in schedule, started dating a guy........  I haven't been reading my forums at all!  I've hardly found time to occasionally update my blog.  If you want to know what's been going on, you can check there. :)  My hair is doing pretty good.  Gaining length slowly but surely.  I'm going to try to get back into the forums.  I've been missing y'all!
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic