Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damage Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
volbaby83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volbaby83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damage Control
    Posted: March 29 2009 at 4:32pm
I've been trying to grow my hair for at least 9 years now, and have had no luck. I've also been trying to maintain my curls, which has gone well until recently. I went to a stylist about a month ago, and although I requested him to style it curly, he styled it straight as a board. I don't know if it was the amount of heat he used, but I CANNOT get it to go back as curly as it was. I've tried at least 3 different products since then,  and NOTHING is working. Any suggestions on how to get my curls back?

Also, my hair is very thin and very dry, and for the past year I've been using Biolage shampoo and conditioner, b/c I was told it works great for dry hair. I think my hair has gotten used to this product, though, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. Any ideas on conditioning shampoos and conditioners?

Lastly, I don't use a lot of heat on my hair, and I never straighten it. The only time my hair comes in contact with heat is when I'm laying out or if I use a blow dryer (normally I let it air dry and use a blow dryer for like 2 minutes to add volume). How much heat is too much for my thinning, brittle hair?

Since I'm very new to this forum, I would appreciate an suggestions.

Thanks
Abbey Davis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic