Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(F) SIDEBURNS: Shaping, Shaving, Styling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
joaniee2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joaniee2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (F) SIDEBURNS: Shaping, Shaving, Styling
    Posted: March 30 2009 at 7:17am
I hope I can ask this here! I do have long hair but have been putting it up and have atrocious sideburns. Can anyone offer advice, tips, directions or websites with that information? (I am a female.)

Are "points" still in style and how can I cut them.

First guy who was supposed to "shape" them cut them off completely and I thought it looked like a male style. Next stylist said to grow them out and "gel" them behind my ears.

My sideburns are unruly and a mess. Please help!
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 2:55pm
I always thought that a pointy side burn or a longer piece of hair maybe jaw length was sexy. anything that looks soft not harsh
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 8:31pm
I prefer to clip them with a 1-1/2 blade and then taper them to a angle or parallel  that is in line with the upper cheek bone. This works best. I have had some ladies ask to have them cut straight across, squared off and long pointed ones. My wife loves hers very short with the 1-1/2 blade and angled, some times she asks for squared off look depending on how short she has her sides and nape buzzed.
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic