Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halle Berry shorter with highlights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halle Berry shorter with highlights
    Posted: April 20 2009 at 2:02pm
Not so sure about this one; maybe if it was styled better.

HAWG
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2009 at 4:28pm
I can't say I'm a fan of the highlights at all, and the style seems a little Carol Brady-ish to me.

So I guess it's safe to say I don't think it's one of her better looks.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 6:48am
Is this a sign that she's toying with the idea of the pixie again?
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 7:51pm
I don't like how its styled 
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 8:32pm
The site I pulled the picture from said this was her "Mommy" cut.  IMdB shows "Nappily Ever After" in an "Announced" status which means her head shave will be coming soon.
HAWG
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 3:17am
Have to say, I've never really seen her in any good movies--mostly rubbish like BAPS and CATWOMAN. Doesn't sound like NAPPILY EVER AFTER (if it's ever made) will change that.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 10:05am
She's been in a few good movies...including Monster's Ball (Academy Award) and Introducing Dorothy Dandridge (Golden Globe).  I would say that her dramatic body of work is equal or better than Bruce Willis or Will Smith...

With that all said, this style is NOT her.  I also don't know if we can say the short pixie cut is her signature look, especially as she has not worn it that way in several years.  The short pixie IS iconic, and one of the great look for her, or any actress, but not a current signature look for her.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 7:17am
So, Halle now has cut the bottom of the layered flip off to an angled bob, which, while it looks good, is baffling.  I mean, I simultaneously get and don't get what she's doing here...

She's going to shave her head for her next movie, so she is slowly going shorter so it won't be such a shock.  Makes sense.

However, the point of the movie is that she goes from a long, straightened "done" style to bald and natural.  Which, loses more and more drama the shorter she goes.  Which doesn't make sense.

I mean, if Demi Moore can do it in one fell swoop and Halle herself opted to shave instead of doing a bald cap, then why the shorter cuts?  A chance she's actually going with the bald cap and is going shorter so her hair fits under it more convincingly?  Inquiring minds want to know.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 10:54am
HAWG
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 1:28pm
Looks a bit weird: a reluctant bob.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 6:53pm
I like it but I'm still not convinced that she cut it that short.
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 7:36pm
I swear she's getting a haircut every three days; it looks shorter here
HAWG
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 8:13pm
It does look shorter...and much neater looking
mystical81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystical81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 10:35pm
i am liking this transition...hoping to see another one in the next three days :-D

there is this big Costume Gala event on Monday for which Halle is invited - hope we get to see more pics then. Good find HAWG...were there more pics when you found this? Would love to see the back.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 8:22pm
No pictures of the back; I've been looking for some also; if I see one, I will post.
HAWG
Epklo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epklo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 11:34pm
Kathryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 9:06pm
Wow! I think its looking great. Getting back to some classic Halle edgieness.
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 10:47am
http://www.tmz.com/2009/05/23/halle-berry-takes-it-all-off/
Kathryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 12:13pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2009 at 2:46pm
Back to my favorite look for her.  Here's the back
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic