Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would this look okay? total newb advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bluestripe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluestripe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would this look okay? total newb advice needed
    Posted: April 20 2009 at 8:53pm
I usually find the salon a very intimidating environment since some way or another the stylist always ends up giggling at me.... guess I'm kind of lame.

Anyways, I want short hair and am looking for advice on whether or not this is a good/terrible idea.

heres me:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5019/passphoto.jpg

(sorry for the passport photo, its the least hideous one i could find)

and the lovely ms portman whos hair I've been eyeing:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4576/shortgirlhairstyles01.jpg

do you think this would look good on me? sorry if thats a totally obnoxious question.

thanks!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2009 at 9:34pm
No apologies necessary; you came to the right place.  Girl, don't let them intimidate you; stand up for yourself; you are very pretty and would look totally awesome with that haircut.  You have the face and bone structure to pull it off.  Talk about a confidence booster; Natalie's haircut that you picked exudes confidence. GO FOR IT! and please let us know how it turns out.
HAWG
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 6:53am
your cute and this style is cute!
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 11:16am
expired

Edited by lovebobs - February 18 2011 at 9:02am
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluestripe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 11:50am
So I ended up just doing it myself. It took like a full minute to cut through my pony tail. A lot thicker than I expected.

I nearly freaked out a third of the way through when I started to look like an insane asylum escapee, but I persevered and now I love it. Took me about an hour from start to finish.

Now I can feel the wind on my scalp! How novel! And the best part is it now takes me 15 seconds flat to completely dry my hair.

I'll post pictures soon. Thanks for the encouragement!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 4:58pm
You are very brave.  Can't wait to see the pictures.  Proud of you.
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluestripe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 11:07pm
the new me

lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 8:25am
expired

Edited by lovebobs - February 18 2011 at 9:03am
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 7:30pm
I second lovebobs coments; it looks awesome.  Did you use clippers and if so, what numbered guide?  Thanks for sharing.
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluestripe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 8:56pm
yes i used clippers and a #8 guide
GC2599 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GC2599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 11:13pm
Looks great. How long was it before?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic