Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lace wig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lacewignewbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacewignewbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lace wig
    Posted: May 03 2009 at 10:16pm
how do you know if your lace wig is 100% human hair and not synthetic
magnoliabird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnoliabird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 4:25pm
You can take a few strands and burn them on the ends.  The hair should smell like burned hair.  If it balls up like a little ball and no scent, you have synthetic hair. 
Have Beautiful Hair Everyday
The Lace Front Wig Connection
lacewignewbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacewignewbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 7:29pm
is there another way instead of burning it. because i caint do it now while its on my head.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnoliabird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 8:01pm
Just pull a couple of strands.  it won't hurt the wig.  Or when you comb it, if you get a few hairs that fall out, then try the test.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 9:24pm
A vendor sells hair/wigs without specifying whether its 100% human or not? Or you want to make sure it is human? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnoliabird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 9:56pm
A vendor SHOULD specify whether or not it is human hair.  If they do not, or if they are being vague, then be cautious and probably not deal with them.  A vendor selling lace wigs has a responsibility to full disclose what they are selling.  If they do not then I would not trust them.  I would never sell something as one thing but it is something different.  Tht is bad customer service.  In this industry, customer service is very important in a successful business.  So if a vendor does not specify if it is human hair or not, or if they cannot say what type of human hair, then run as fast as you can.  But consider this...it can be human hair and also be a very low grade of human...commonly called floor hair.  Cuticles are not all in same direction and they mask it with acid bath to burn off cuticles and coat it with silicone.  Experienced sellers know the products they sell.  Those selling just to make some money in this industry because it is popular are he ones selling junk wigs.  You should not be afraid to question a seller with any questions, and they should know their product. 

Once you work with a trusted seller and have built a reputation, you can be pretty confident in what you are getting.  The same goes for sellers.  Sellers should have built a relationship with their vendor and therefore, the quality they buy they can be confident in.  I went through several manufacturers in the early years before i found vendors I trust and know their product.  It helped that my trips to China built upon that trust.  They know that i know hair and will be in their face if ever I got a junk wig.  So when i ship a hair unit to a buyer, I am confident they are going to be totally pleased.  That is because I built a relationship with my supplier.  The same goes for buyers...find a seller and build that relationship and you will have a good hair unit every time.  If ever there was a problem, the seller would be glad to work it out to your benefit.

Edited by magnoliabird - May 04 2009 at 9:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic