Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Elastic behind the ears hurts!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
newdiva1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elastic behind the ears hurts!
    Posted: June 17 2009 at 5:40am
Originally posted by Donnadiane Donnadiane wrote:

Hi Jylsky! Smile 
Ive been wearing FULL lace wigs for a long time but just a couple of days ago I recieved a FRONT lace wig with the elastic straps at/above the ears and nape. And even tho I gave the measurements that are correct for me I ended up with a unit that caused me the very same problem you are drscribing. However I found a great way to fix this problem with a wonderful result. I just cut right behind where the sideburn stops (in front of the ear) and the elastic starts (above the ear). Then I folded the elastic one time into the cap and sewed it into place (inside the cap) leaving more room for my ear. It came out great and the fit is perfect now Thumbs%20Up  And this way I can still adjust the cap!

Now I dont know if you have this type of unit or if you have a regular FULL lace wig with just a stretch lace, that you are suppose to glue in the nape. Either way Im sure you can fix it! I have sewed many of my wigs, but if you feel unsure or dont see a solution maybe the best thing is to do as 4him says, to sell it. Either way hope it works out for you!

IA.  I always had this problem with my stock.  It shouldn't affect the overall integrity of your unit.  I never had to sew anything back or anything like that.  It was usually just a small piece i had to get rid of.
HI!!
Donnadiane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnadiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 6:45am
Happy to help ladies!! Smile Good luck
4him View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4him Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 5:17pm
Whew DD - Glad you replied - I was thinking it could/should be done, however I've never done it.  Thanks for your invaluable insight.  ClapClapClap
To Know HIM ~ Is To Love HIM !!!
Jylsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jylsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 3:53pm
Thank you Donnadiane, that's a great idea! I'm going to try that. I'll let you know how it works out.
Peace & Blessings

Jylsky
Donnadiane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnadiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 1:53pm
Hi Jylsky! Smile 
Ive been wearing FULL lace wigs for a long time but just a couple of days ago I recieved a FRONT lace wig with the elastic straps at/above the ears and nape. And even tho I gave the measurements that are correct for me I ended up with a unit that caused me the very same problem you are drscribing. However I found a great way to fix this problem with a wonderful result. I just cut right behind where the sideburn stops (in front of the ear) and the elastic starts (above the ear). Then I folded the elastic one time into the cap and sewed it into place (inside the cap) leaving more room for my ear. It came out great and the fit is perfect now Thumbs%20Up  And this way I can still adjust the cap!

Now I dont know if you have this type of unit or if you have a regular FULL lace wig with just a stretch lace, that you are suppose to glue in the nape. Either way Im sure you can fix it! I have sewed many of my wigs, but if you feel unsure or dont see a solution maybe the best thing is to do as 4him says, to sell it. Either way hope it works out for you!
4him View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4him Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 11:13pm
I know, but there is a lot of additional expense with these wigs.  The amount you pay for the right products is a new one for me.  Please know that even with the lace cut you can sell it used on this board.  I've bought a couple of use one on BHM.  But carefully inspect the elastic before you cut to see how and where you should.  I hope someone else can chime in as well b/c I'm still new at this myself.
Jylsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jylsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 10:23pm
Thank you so much for your response. This is my 1st lace wig. I've already cut the lace and wore it so I can't sell it. I measured 5x & studied lace wigs for 3 weeks before I purchased. I'm beginning to think that the company sent me a large instead of a medium. It wasn't tagged so there was no immediate way of knowing.  I will probably take your advice and cut the elastic then sew it to size. So much work for such a high ticket item!
Jylsky
4him View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4him Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 7:30pm
Wow Jylsky,
I wish I can give you a concrete answer, I too have a problem with one of my wigs having the stretch at the ear.  However I can take it for at least a week, then I start to pull at it.  But I can say that I don't have any irritation with mines. 

Not sure what happens if you cut it though.  Here's something to think about though.  Your cap is to large so you are having to apply the unit all the way down(i.e.  causing ears to stick out), so if you cut it you could possibly remedy that by sewing it tighter.  Or you could sell it and get one without the stretch. 

Just trying to help you think things through.  Hope someone with experience can give you more insight.  Confused
Jylsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jylsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:32pm
Hi Ladies. I am a newbie and I am having a big problem w/my lace wig. The elastic behind the ears is killing me. Cry They are causing my ears to stick out and causing irritation. I had to remove my unit after 2 days. Does anyone have a solution for this elastic behind my ears? Can I cut it away without losing the cap structure? My cap was a little lose to begin with but I read that this is alright...just trim it down. Please help.
Peace & Blessings

Edited by Jylsky - May 04 2009 at 10:24pm
Jylsky
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic