Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Katharine McPhee - if she had a BUZZED NAPE BOB!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katharine McPhee - if she had a BUZZED NAPE BOB!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katharine McPhee - if she had a BUZZED NAPE BOB!!!
    Posted: May 05 2009 at 9:35am
I love it!!

katherine-mcPhee.jpg%20Katharine%20bobbed%20image%20by%20alandkim

Edited by lovebobs - May 06 2009 at 11:11am
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 11:09am
Chit. First Amy Adams and now Katharine McPhee. I should have stayed in bed today. You really think this is an improvement on McPhee? Cripe, she's all face now.
Who has more fun than people?
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 11:33am
I'm not even sure this is a recent photo. Where did it come from?
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 12:19pm
If it's current, it's not an improvement - and I like mid to short styles!
Dick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 2:44pm
It's fake.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 3:28pm
I'd bet money it is a fake.  I saw a video posting on her website that is about 2 days old, and her hair is as long as ever...There is no evidence of a cut anywhere on the net.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 9:36pm
No likey
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 9:52pm
I'm not sure why luvbobs did this, but he sent me a message admitting it was fake:

Sent by : lovebobs
Sent : May 05 2009 at 11:24am

hey dont worry man. the kat mcphee pic is a REALLY GOOD fake...
it looks so real huh?
i want to see some reactions before i tell em its not her real cut.
i found it on some celeb fakeover thing.
and i DO NOT think it looks better short.
while i do like the cut and think its nice on her, she totally kills in long hair!!!
later......
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 12:09am
Kind of lame, the reactions will be fairly predictable. 

If you know it is a fake, you should state when you post.  I'm with Kramer on this one.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 6:39am
It seems particularly odd that Lovebobs should blow himself up in the water by sending that note to Kramer before making a general admission about what he'd done.
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 8:29am
All I did was post a pic of Kat with a bob,  I never said it was real.
The title reads Katharine Mcphee short angled bob and that is what you get.
I realized after seeing Kramers comments that some thought it was real. I told him after that I was interested to see what you thought.
I have been on here for years and I do not post false posts.

Here is the link to the fakeovers for all of you who sent me  pm asking where to find them:
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 8:37am
Lovebobs, it seems pretty clear to me that posting a fake picture without stating it's a fake is deceptive. You apparently know that too, as your note to Kramer basically says you were fooling us to get our reactions before sharing the truth.

It's not the end of the world, but I think we can all agree that when we post a picture that's not real, we should say so. People who don't will find they lose the trust and interest of the others.

Meanwhile, thanks for sharing the link to the site where you got it, which is a fun alternate universe to play in for a while!
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 9:22am
Lovebobs is a great poster.

This message board is unlike any other I have ever frequented.  The feeling that things must be "proper and correct" is just overwhelming.

It is a MESSAGE BOARD.  The purpose of it is to generate conversation.  Posting a fake picture is somewhat annoying and it is great to call him out for it, but it doesn't need to be so serious.  Posting his private e-mail is much more annoying to me. 

It is a hair picture, intended to incite hair conversation which is afterall the point of this forum.  That is not like posting a virus or some product ads. 

lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 11:05am
Thanks Trout......
I have since corrected the title, so I do not mislead.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by trout trout wrote:

Lovebobs is a great poster.

This message board is unlike any other I have ever frequented.  The feeling that things must be "proper and correct" is just overwhelming.

It is a MESSAGE BOARD.  The purpose of it is to generate conversation.  Posting a fake picture is somewhat annoying and it is great to call him out for it, but it doesn't need to be so serious.  Posting his private e-mail is much more annoying to me. 

It is a hair picture, intended to incite hair conversation which is afterall the point of this forum.  That is not like posting a virus or some product ads. 

Trout, I've never been a fan of misleading information. I've worked in newspapers and public information all of my adult life, so that's where I'm coming from. Why mislead us if you don't have to?

Not only was I bummed out when I saw Katharine McPhee's supposed new hairstyle, I told three people about it -- all before I received LoveBob's private message telling me it wasn't real. Speaking of "a virus," if I went in an AIDS chat room site and announced "Trout has AIDS," and it wasn't true, just for the sake of getting reactions, how would you feel?

As for posting the private message, I told LoveBob if he didn't clean up the mess, I was going to tell everyone. He had his chance. And just because he says a message is private doesn't mean it's private. I didn't ask him to send the message to me and didn't agree to keep anything private. If a source has some "off the record" information to tell me for a news story, meaning he'll tell me but I can't use it, I have to agree before he gives me the information.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 3:08pm
     Kramer, lovebobs' post is not the end of the world. He is not a paid professional. If someone states that a person has AIDS, knowing it is not true, that bloke is a pathetic reprobate. But if someone posts a misleading picture of a phantom *haircut*, only the insane lovers of long or short hairstyles are elated or disappointed. People like me. lol But we're not talking about tragedy here. At least Katharine might now know what a letdown this haircut would be to long hair fans! Wink Best, Bob 
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 4:35pm
It's a good thing Rardman doesn't seem to be around at present. I recall that he is one of the most vocal denouncers of members who post misleading information. Personally, I see some good points in all the arguments explained above. The damage would have been less if Lovebobs had just waited for a day, got his reaction, and then told everyone the truth. In other words, his strange message to Kramer muddied the water and made his actions more inexplicable. Did he think Kramer (a self-professed lover of long hair) was going to thank him for being told that he had been misled and that he (Lovebobs) was waiting to get his full share of fun from other people's reactions before he finally came out with the truth? Trout is also right too in saying that we can take this kind of thing too seriously. And yet, as most people who post and browse here clearly feel strongly about hair (as Bob says), it's obviously dangerous to mislead them: misinformation is bound to have some consequences. This "gaffe" was more distressing because Katherine McPhee has really got very beautiful long hair and is inevitably something of a pin-up girl for those who are lovers of long tresses ( think Jane Seymour, think Crystal Gayle).

Edited by fatmoogas - May 06 2009 at 5:18pm
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 7:22pm
Glad its a fake...the way the title is now, would have made more sense to me from the get go..but whateva
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 9:09pm
Its just a message board. There are actually much much more nitty message boards than this one. Generally speaking, people make message boards too big a priority in life.

No harm, no foul. All the posters here are great, keep it up!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 12:35am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

It's a good thing Rardman doesn't seem to be around at present. I recall that he is one of the most vocal denouncers of members who post misleading information. Personally, I see some good points in all the arguments explained above. The damage would have been less if Lovebobs had just waited for a day, got his reaction, and then told everyone the truth. In other words, his strange message to Kramer muddied the water and made his actions more inexplicable. Did he think Kramer (a self-professed lover of long hair) was going to thank him for being told that he had been misled and that he (Lovebobs) was waiting to get his full share of fun from other people's reactions before he finally came out with the truth? Trout is also right too in saying that we can take this kind of thing too seriously. And yet, as most people who post and browse here clearly feel strongly about hair (as Bob says), it's obviously dangerous to mislead them: misinformation is bound to have some consequences. This "gaffe" was more distressing because Katherine McPhee has really got very beautiful long hair and is inevitably something of a pin-up girl for those who are lovers of long tresses ( think Jane Seymour, think Crystal Gayle).
Well said. Great points.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic