Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pburgh56 Hair Journal :) Feel free to comment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pburgh56 Hair Journal :) Feel free to comment
    Posted: May 07 2009 at 11:18pm
Hi, I am new to the forum here. I am a young guy who has finally decided to grow my hair out long. I have always had short buzzcuts ever since I was little. I didnt mind it but I always dreamt of having really long flowing hair. Finally I decided that I was going to grow it out and keep my hair nice and long. I have created this journal to showcase my progress and other hair related matierial as I grow mine out. Any advice will be appreciated :)

As of today, the first day of the journal, my hair is around 3 inches long for the longest strand. My goal is mid back and then I want to donate it to either Pantene Beautiful Lengths or Locks of Love. After it is cut to my shoulders, I then want to grow it out again down to mid back or maybe longer :)
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 6:56am
Sounds like your off to a good start! Take good care of your hair now, so you won't have to trim damage later. I look forward to watching your progress. Good luck!
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 9:39am
 welcome to the clubcheers!  And i am sure you will find all the advice you need from everyone active on the journal boards. The hardest thing is to stick with the posting. I know we all get side tracked but really i love going back and looking at all the progress i've made and it helps me want to stick to my goals.

~ Suicides Eve~
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 9:03pm
Paper: Thanks sooo much. I am off to a good start Ill have to post a pic of my hair now. I am definately taking good care of it now because I want to grow it as long as I possibly can in the shortest amount of time. Im anxious to have my long locks and to run my fingers through it.
Suicides eve: Thanks for the welcome. Everyone has been a great help so far and I am anxious to hear more advice because sooo many people on the board here havce beautiful long hair. :)
Here is a picture of my goal length :) I really want this style....
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 5:39pm
Welcome to HB!  Thanks for stopping by on my thread too!  You'll get a lot of support and good tips here.  We'll look forward to any pics you might post and all of your updates.Big%20smile
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 7:47pm
Thanks smilinjenn71 I appreciate it :) I am glad to be here and I look forward to posting updates :)
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2009 at 7:28am
Update: I havent had a haircut since February. MY hair is around 4 inches long all over. I can successfully straighten it now and it is looking really shaggy. Cant wait for my ponytail and to my goal of mid back. SOrry now pics :(
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2009 at 9:49pm
I would recommend keeping a monthly log of growth for a few months that way you can get an estimate on what your growth is and set goals accordingly.  good luck! i only really notice any growth  after about 3 months time frames
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2009 at 8:40am
Thanks suicides eve I will def do that. I was going to take pictures montly as well to keep track of how long its getting :) How is ur beautiful hair doing?
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 6:01pm
Hi I have an update. I have decided that I may try to increase my goal length from what was mid back to lower back! From talking to everyone on this board and seeing pictures, I really would like my hair to be as long as it can be :) I also am establishing mini goals along the way. LIke my first is shoulder length, then chest length, then mid back, and lower back and maybe even longer to waist :) what do u think please leave feedback ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 6:06pm
I think mini-goals definitely help.  I would say my mini-goal right now is shoulder length and I'm almost there.  Funny enough, I don't post about my mini-goals...hmm... need to start doing that!  PAPER suggested that to me sometime back and I think it helps not to get discouraged.

Depending on how much it bugs you while growing out, I would suggest dusting the ends every now and again.  For me, it helped me not to cut it all off again, out of frustration.  BUT, if the shagginess doesn't bother you, just let it grow, grow, grow!

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress! (pics or not)
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 6:52pm

Thanks Jenn. You should def post mini goals too esp being that you are nearing your first one. It would def help :)I try to dust the ends every now and then probably about every 2 months and also my hair gets really thick so i get it thinned in the summer. I must be weird I love the shagginess it makes me feel like wow im getting long hair :) So im jsust going to let it grow grow grow!!

I will definately keep you updated. I love hairbuddies to grow my hair with. I def will be posting pics too dont worry!

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:37am
Hey Pburgh! I think you should grow your hair as long as you want, whatever makes you happy.

I agree mini goals are great. It's something to look forward to, because hair grows so slow!

What is your hair texture. Wavy hair might be easier to grow out, the scraggly ends will curl and flip where people with straight hair might have to trim more.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 10:22am
THanks paper I appreciate it. I will definately let it grow as long as I want and I will be soooo happy once its long :) Im sure you know the feeling :) I just thought of the mini goals too and I thought it was a great idea!! My hair texturs is wavy but it can be alittle straighter too. I hope its easier to grow out. If the ends curl and flip that will be awesome :) I cant wait to see how it looks! My parents still arent too keen on me having that long of a ponytail and that :( But i think they will grow to like it i hope!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2009 at 4:28pm
Better start with them pics!  It is fun to see the progress of your hair's journey.  I wish I took more of the back of my head.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2009 at 9:12pm
Awww I wish u did too. I am going to start soon. Im just trying to get my camera to work haha. Technology is a pain. Any requests for pics?
hairboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2009 at 7:44pm
Hey!! I just found this. Very cool that you have a hair journal. Check your PM, I just sent over a message.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2009 at 1:35pm
I think pics taken straight on, to the side and definitely the back are good choices!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2009 at 5:32pm
OKay thanks ill start taking some soon as soon as this camera gets fixed lol
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 5:16pm
Where are those photo updates you promised?
Who has more fun than people?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic