Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does bkt always work on everyones hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rainseed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainseed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: does bkt always work on everyones hair?
    Posted: May 08 2009 at 4:58pm
I read on natural curly .com that 2 peoples bkt jobs did not work at all.  Wow, this will truely be disapointing after paying 300 bucks for the treatment.  I wonder if you can get your money back from the salon?

Any Ideas?

Also, would love to hear all the sucesses with bkt treatments.  I need encouragement!

Thanks,

Rainseed
Better hair, no therapy lol
LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 8:52pm
Rainseed,

I've only heard good reports about professional BKTs.

There is an at home BKT sold at Ulta called Liquid Keratin.  Lots of women are trying LK because they don't want to pay $350 for a professional salon BKT.  I'd say more than 50% report terrible results with LK.   Don't buy LK, and you should be safe with well known BKTs like Coppola, Global Keratin, Marcia Ter???, 4-Hair, etc.  Escova has the best price.  It's good you are doing your research.

Thumbs%20Up

rainseed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainseed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 10:28am
Thanks again LivLuv,

The solution that the salon I'm going to will be using Rejuvenol Keratin Treatment http://www.hellogorgeoushair.com/index.html  The stylist said my hair will still be curly, but more manageble and that I will love my hair.  I'm sure it wont be curly during the first 4 day wait period, but my concern is what it will be like after the first wash. 

I asked you this in another post, but just in case.  I think you said your hair is more wavy than curly?  Is it normally very frizzy?  I have curls, but loads of frizz and it gets BIG when I let it dry without product.  I need product to define the curls or it will just frizz.

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

Rainseed
Better hair, no therapy lol
LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 7:40pm
My hair is wavy, frizzy, gray hair dyed brown, very thick and long.  When I was younger I practically had an afro!  As hair becomes gray it loses the curl, but not the frizz.

After the BKT your hair will be poker straight for 4 days. 

When you first shampoo your hair you will notice in the shower that your hair feels smoother and silkier.

When you let your hair air dry it will feel softer, less frizzy with less volume, but you will still see curls and you will wonder if it was worth it.

When you blow dry your hair with a round brush you will notice that it's much easier and faster to style.  Your hair will be super shiny and sillky.  The reason your hair comes out better if you blow dry rather than air dry is because the keratin in your hair is activated by heat.

You are gonna love this.  I'm so excited for you!

LV

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic