Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's the best straightener?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jewels408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewels408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's the best straightener?
    Posted: May 13 2009 at 7:01pm
I have had the cheap ones like revlon and the more expensive ones like CHI & SEDU but I feel like they all have their flaws. My hair stylist uses a Hana flat iron and that was pretty sweet but I haven't seen any reviews.

Any suggestions?!
BeautyXpert2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyXpert2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2009 at 2:12pm
Well you definitely don't wanna use a cheap hair straightener if you want healthier hair. Metal plates on flat irons are more likely to damage your hair. If you've used a CHI you might already know about ceramic flat irons and their benefits.

Have you tried an FHI hair straightener? Its a tourmaline ceramic flat iron. Tourmaline increases the production of negative ions in ionic flat irons (ceramic flat irons are ionic). Ionic technology in hair straighteners reduces frizz and results of smoother hair.
eurasianfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eurasianfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2010 at 2:04pm
I agree with you beautyXpert2009, tourmaline ceramic irons are one of the best product out in the market today. Since our hair is our crowning glory we have to take good care of it, so why not invest on better products for your hair. If you want further informations regarding tourmaline ceramic flat irons, i found this link you may want to check it out tourmalineceramiciron

Edited by eurasianfly - January 08 2010 at 2:08pm
rubyclifton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubyclifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2010 at 2:13am
Chi Flat Iron is certainly the best available in the market.   I agree that you should get the tourmaline coating whether you get Chi or some other less expensive brand.

Edited by Karen Shelton - February 09 2010 at 9:23pm
beautyforsaleeu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautyforsaleeu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 3:22pm
Professional hair straighteners with tourmaline. Check it here at the HairBoutique.com's Marketplace.  They have the Conair and Babyliss which are great.

Edited by Karen Shelton - February 09 2010 at 9:22pm
emma61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 9:02am
Love love love the Karmin brand straighteners. I got the G3 here and it's amazing for my thick hair. http://www.myhairstylingtools.com/karmin-salon-pink-hair-styling-flat-iron-p-413.html
lexishine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexishine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 2:41pm
I've never used that brand. I have always used Hot Tools and have been happy with them. I recently purchased the 1875W Tourmaline Ionic dryer 1043 Lite from Dvada & am really happy with it. It only takes 5 mins to dry my hair and the hair dryer is really light.
bee_nut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee_nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2010 at 10:36pm
I have used quite a few different flat irons including the CHI, Karmin and I now am using the Hotness Flat Iron an I am extremely impressed with the results. They also have some pretty nice designs available too!

You can get more info from their website, www.hotnesstools.com

Smile
biancarao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biancarao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2010 at 7:38pm
Sedu, Solia, GHD are top of line. Can't go wrong with any one of these
bee_nut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee_nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2010 at 9:29pm
The new Hotness Flat Iron is awesome and it is an AFFORDABLE Professional Flat Iron :)

Video Review -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7uSP2zTlQc

askvivi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote askvivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 12:20pm
If you want a professional flat iron and you are ok with spending around $140 I would highly recommend the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it heats up to 450f with temperature control, dual voltage, tourmaline ceramic plates with rounded edges which makes it great for also curling your hair. Also has a 3 year warranty. If you are in the US you can buy from http://MyHairStylingTools.com, they are also giving away a free heat matt/carrying case and some heat serum that works really well. If you are in Canada you can buy at http://www.hairtools.ca/.   If you do look at other irons make sure to stay away from irons with painted plates (colored plates) these can damage your hair.

A little about plate quality:

* Aluminum – 90’s and low quality, will stick to your hair and terrible results.

* Colored Plates – Stay away from these, they may look nice but they are for show and they are not good for your hair.

* Ceramic Plates – White or Yellowish color plate – These plates are good but they are older technology from around 2002. Many companies still use these as it is cheaper to manufacture than a tourmaline ceramic plate.
* Titanium Plates – Gun Metal Grey color – These are great plates and provide great results. These and Tourmaline Ceramic plates are about the same in quality but work different with different hair types. You would need to try both to see which one provides the best results for your hair type.
* Tourmaline Ceramic – Gun Metal Grey in color – These are currently the best plates on the market. currently I only see Karmin and Sedu using these plates. It appears all the other brands are focused on cutting costs by using the cheaper plates.

Some features you should look for:
* Variable Temperature Control (If you have thick hair make sure it heats up to at least 420F)
* Swivel Cord
* At least a 3 year warranty (most hair straighteners will die in the first year or two)
* If you travel then make sure its dual voltage

You can also check reviews at http://flatironsreviews.com to see their ranking of the top 10 flat irons. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Owner of 5 salons with 12 years of experience.
Annie Howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 9:50pm
I haven't heard this flat iron before, is it popular now? I have been using my CHI flat iron for 3 years, it does a good job. I think it's more important to pay attention to your hair straightening way than your tool.
ariesmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariesmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 11:24pm
i have a 1" solia, been using it nearly everday since 2006. i just looked at the recipt. question i have is, it has blue plates? that ok? above reply said ceramic/tourmaline plates are grey? i have stepped on it (fixed with expoxy), replaced power cord, but works great. products have alot to do with good hair too!
beachbum88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachbum88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 3:31pm
this thread is awesome i already have the best hair dryer but this is really helping me pick out the next best flat iron too!
elevate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elevate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2011 at 1:26am
To purcase a Sedu at the cheapest price, go to Folica.com , scroll to the very top and click on Hair Styling. On the left hand side, there will be and A - Z brand list. Find Sedu, click on it, and everything else from there is self - explanitory.

For more information on a Sedu, you can go to sedubeauty.com.

i

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 25 2011 at 12:08am
Jnelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2011 at 2:34am
I've used Hana in my sister's place,no doubt its smooth and sleek because of the ceramic plates but the result I got was the same as I get from the less costly HAI stik that I 've been using for the last 2yrs.Ouch
dlcombs8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlcombs8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2011 at 7:47am
I bought a Conair Tourmaline straightener. Usually retails for around $55. Works really great. Has a curved side barrel to add curls and a plastic tip so you don't burn your fingers. really nice!
Cheers!
Dawn Combs
www.myhouseofhairextensions.com
bee_nut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee_nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2011 at 10:29am
You can get the Karmin at http://www.hairshearspro.com for $10 off with coupon code CELEBRATE10 Smile

monicawebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monicawebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 5:44pm
rajen123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajen123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 4:54pm
Instyler rotating iron is found to be best straightener. And also instyler rotating iron is a single tool but performs three tasks like hair straightening, softening and curling. Thus instyler rotating iron was found to be a best choice among all other hair straighteners.

For more details on instyler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic