Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straightening hair.....need advice ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straightening hair.....need advice ?
    Posted: May 30 2009 at 10:31am
Hi Im a guy and I am growing my hair long. It is about 4 inches right now like shaggy and my goal is middle of my back or maybe even longer :) When my hair is really long I really want to straighten it to get that beautiful look to it. Would u recomment a guy like me straightening my hair? and how would i go about it? Thanks :)
BeautyXpert2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyXpert2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2009 at 12:25pm
I see its been several months since you've posted this message but I also see you got not response so I thought I'd post in case you were still wondering or needed help.

To straighten your hair you have a few options. You can go with a permanent option but I would recommend it if its the first time you are straightening you hair. The other option is getting a hair flat iron.

In choosing a hair straightener you need to consider a few things. If your hair is curly you might want to get a flat hair iron with a wider plate. Also ceramic flat irons are recommended because ceramic plates reduce the risk of damage to your hair. Also keep in mind that if your hair is thick and course you'll might need a hair straightener the heats up to higher temperatures. If your hair is thin you want to get one with lower temperatures to avoid damage a higher temp iron can cause your thin hair.

I hope this help. Reply to this post if you have further questions
askvivi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote askvivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 1:02pm
yes i would recommend straightening ur hair to change your hairstyle, it's nice to change sometimes. I would recommend also a good straightener to have better result, You should try the one I use it's the Karmin G3 Salon Pro it has tourmaline ceramic plates which don't damage the hair like others. Hope this helps.
Rondie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2011 at 9:54pm
There is an at home treatment called Keraline. (www.keraline.us) It keeps your hair curly but coats it in a layer of keratin so your hair is easier to straighten. This might be a good option for you, the best of both worlds. You can find Keraline in the hair-dye isle at most pharmacies. After you have done the treatment all you really have to do is blow dry your hair, or keep it curly for the day. Hope that helps.
P.S.
It's formaldehyde free
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic