Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To fringe or not to fringe?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mishymishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishymishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To fringe or not to fringe?
    Posted: May 31 2009 at 12:12am

I have had a fringe for the past 5 years and it's been my 'mask' that hides my horrible forehead.

Some say I look better with a fringe and others say I look way better without a fringe.

I am totally undecided, so can you guys please help me in making up my mind as to whether I should grow out my beloved fringe? 

Pictures of my hair with and without a fringe are attached for your review. Many thanks guys.... xxx

Love Mish
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2009 at 7:42am
Hi Mishymishy. Your hair is absolutely stunning and honestly you would look great no matter which way you went with it. Id say to go for it and grow out the fringe for once. If you dont like it you can always cut it back again. Are you growing your hair alot longer? Its sooo nice. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishymishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2009 at 8:17pm
Hello Pburgh56,
Thanks so much for your lovely post :) Yes, I think I will grow out my fringe now. Everyone needs a change don't they?
I think my hair is at 24"now, and I want to grow another 5". It's hard to get past the BSL and have been really tempted to give my hair the full chop!!
What length is your hair at currently? Send a pic if you like :)

Love Mish
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2009 at 9:27pm
YOu are more than welcome. Def hit me up with a private message sometime too to talk hair :) Congrats on growing out the fringe, I really think you will like it :) Your hair is gorgeous now but it will be even prettier when its even longer. Def dont chop it yet, keep it growing! Stay strong! My hair is currently only like 4 inches long just shaggy and i have just decided to grow it long not to long ago. My goal for now is mid back length then I want to donate it to cancer patients up to my shoulders then try to grow it really long again :) Ill def get a pic soon to send your way !
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 6:02pm

Hmmm, I like it both ways!

Guess that wasn't much help huh?Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishymishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 7:02pm
LOL, that's okay smilinjenn, I'm pretty undecided as well.
Tongue
Smile
Love Mish
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 7:35pm
Im glad to see your getting lots of great advice :)
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 8:45pm
Again I have to go with the rest here. Both look great. I also agree with Pburgh let it grow. As I see you do have plans to add more lenght. As it was said you can always cut if you do like it.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishymishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 12:16am
Many thanks for the lovely posts guys! I've started a hair growth chart and will be religiously recording my hair growth per month. Currently at 24 inches long. 5 more inches to go....
Love Mish
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 5:39am
Yay im excited to see your growth. Ill have to start one too. Does yours grow fast?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishymishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 7:44am

If my hair had fast growth, i'd be the happiest girl alive. Sadly, this isn't the case my friend. But I will get there. I've decided that I'm going to do my own hair trimmings from now on :)

Love Mish
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 6:40pm
Thats a great idea to do your own trimmings. That way you are absolutely sure that u dont get more taken off then u want. Dont worry your hair will get there just like mine will :) Is 5 more inches all the more u want it, or would u think about going even longer?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishymishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 11:08pm
I will be happy with 5 inches. I am quite short, so if I grew my hair any longer it would just look funny. hahahah
Love Mish
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2009 at 5:34am
Hahahah I see. Its all what you like. Five inches will look great. My hair is taking forever to grow out :( Like I said I want middle of my back so it will be really long so itll take  a while :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishymishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2009 at 8:24am
well we should post our hair growths in a couple of months time to see if there's any progress... I've never been this 'obessive' about my hair until I joined this forum!!
Apparently hair grows 1/2 inch per month.. this way we can also measure our hair growth speed.
p.s it's been the 4th day of not using the hair straightner, and I gotta tell ya, I'm getting bit tired of the cave man hair style. au naturale pffft!!
Love Mish
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2009 at 1:13pm
Awwwww thats a great idea. lets go for it!! We can measure our hair every couple months and see how much growth we have and how fast it grows. IM looking forward to it hair buddy! I was never this obsessed with mine either until the forum. Its great learning about amazing long hair tho. I bet its hard not using the straightner. Id think ud be fine if u only used it a few days a week. I love straightening mine now too lol :) How long is your ponytail when you pull it up. Ive been meaning to ask you.?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishymishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2009 at 8:54pm
Okay sounds good. Today's date is Friday 5th June, so how about we set a date for 5th August to post our results?
I'm not sure how long my hair is in a ponytail. I tried uploading a pic of my hair so you can see the length of it, but my work pc isn't allowing me to do so. I will try again at home.
I just bought a set of hot hair rollers :)
Love Mish
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2009 at 7:10am
That sounds great. HOw about on August 5th, we just send eacother messages then and we can see how much growth we got. It sounds amazing :) its soooo cool to have a hair buddy! Def try to upload a picture tho. I would love to see it and see the length of your hair :) Congrats on the rollers too. I want to do soooo much with my hair once its long. YOu know high and low ponytail, buns, braids, half up andhalf down, curled, straightened, headbands ;) What do you think? ANy other ideas for me? Have a great day and i look forward to seeing your pic :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishymishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 9:38pm
Hello and apologies for not replying sooner..
Purgh, I'm excited to have a hair buddy as well! I was trimming my own hair for the past 3 weeks and in those 3 weeks I probably trimmed about 4 times. I have come to realise that I am a poor hairdresser who can not cut straight. So I had to go to the salon to get my ends straightened out. hahahaha but no length was taken off.
As I promised, here are some pics of my hair. These are from my mobile phone so they're not as clear.

Love Mish
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 11:12pm
Mish!!! YOur hair is absolutely gorgeous :) I love love love it. Im sooo happy to have a hair buddy with hair as beautiful as urs is :) Dont worry about cutting the ends im sure u enjoyed being a hairdresseer while u could lol. I will try to post pics soon of mine as well. i will apologize in advance is still shorter cause its growing out still. YOurs looks amazing :) Thanks soo much. Do u find urself playing with ur hair much?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic