Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Haircut Dilemma, please help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rashad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rashad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haircut Dilemma, please help.
    Posted: May 31 2009 at 6:49pm
Here's the only picture I could find of me really close up:

The guy of course..
Here's one from the side:
And one of me from freshman year, with much longer hair but my face structure is basically the same..

Anyway, from the date that first picture was taken (april 25th), to now, I haven't cut my hair at all. Usually I get a haircut every 2 weeks, but I haven't touched it in hopes of letting it grow out a bit so i could cut it differently. My hair grows pretty fast and it's been just over a month since I got a haircut so right now my hair's a mess =/.

My hair usually grows in really thick, so it grows upward, until it gets long enough to fall forward, instead of people with thinner hair that just shoots forward. I wanted to cut my hair so that it'd be the same in thickness, but instead of having short strands of hair on top, i'd like for it to be long and be comb-able, and comb it forward, while the sides and back could be cut with a razor.

In terms of length, if I put water on it and comb it forward, my hair comes down halfway through my forehead, but the ends of my hair don't stay down, so it doesn't form a neat hairline, my hair just goes up.
I want the ends of my hair to form a hairline like this:
Or almost like my friends' hairline after a haircut:
(the one on the left).

But as you can see in that picture, my hair tends to stay up above my forehead instead of coming down and forming a hairline that's on my forehead.

How long does my hair have to get for it to form a hairline with the ends of the hair instead of the roots?

That picture was taken about a week ago, my hair is obviously a mess there, I gelled it a bit but it didn't do much, right now my hair's much thicker and longer.

I was thinking of either getting a caesar where the top was combed and formed 'bangs' i guess you could call them, and faded up on the sides and back, but I'm having second thoughts. I was watching night at the museum and realized ben stiller has a nice haircut:

What type of haircut is this? What would I ask my barber for, or would I have to go to a salon?

Does anyone have ideas of a haircut that would fit my face? Nothing scene or emo, no crazy long hairstyles, I'm opposed to fauxhawks and mohawks, and blowouts.

I was hoping to get it cut within the next week or so, but I need ideas!

Thank you so much!
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 1:09pm
I don't know what it would be called, but if all else fails, you can bring the pic (if you can't describe it in detail) to your barber. It looks like Bens hair has a lil gel in it?

The pic of you in tha blue shirt, the way your hair is in that one, to me looks like if it was to be longer it could easily be done in the style Ben has.

Your hair looks like my cousins. When he isn't rocking it low, and has it longer, it kinda looks like your pics and he uses gel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic