Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help me figure out a way to control my hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brittydagal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittydagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me figure out a way to control my hair!
    Posted: June 04 2009 at 10:59pm
Alrighty. So, my hair is insane. I absolutely love the way it looks when it's straightened but because it is so long and thick straightening can take forever. Usually, I just wear my hair in a ponytail and NEVER wear it down. After 17 years of rarely ever wearing my hair down I really want to but it's so curly and puffy that when I put it down it looks like a fro! (overexagerating, but still..) Is there anything I can do besides chemical treatments that will give me easy, straight hair results? Most shampoo and conditioning straightening products I have tried don't do a thing and when it comes to straightening my hair... the truth is i just won't do it. It takes long, and although the results are cute, I know that once I step out of the shower I'm just going to have to do it all over again. Is there anything that can reduce frizz really good so that my hair will be more curly than puffy, or anything that can straighten hair fast and easy?
rcniner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcniner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:38am
Hello, I just read your post, I hope your still checking it, lol.  I also have curly hair and have been wearing it in a ponytale for years.  A few years ago I had thermal reconditioning (japanese straightening).  I know you don't want a chemical treatment but it was unreal!!!!  My hair was so straight, altmost too straight, haha.  No more flat iron!!  I would get out of the shower and it would air dry as straight, actually more straight, then if I flat ironed for an hour!  Anyway, another treatment I've been researching the heck out of is Brazilian Keratin treatment.  It is more of a hair treatment then a chemical process from what I gather.  Although it does not leave your hair pin straight it claims to make your hair 100 percent frizz free, which works for me!!  There is info on this site about it and I know a bunch of people who got it done and absolutely love it!  There is an at home product called liquid keratin, haven't tried it but there are also reviews on this site about that too.  Seems pretty good.   I will be getting the brazilian straightening done towards the end of July.  If you can wait I'll send you my before and after shots and let you know if it's all it's cracked up to be! I hope this helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic