Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clip in hair extensions damage?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adh31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adh31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clip in hair extensions damage?
    Posted: June 14 2009 at 11:28pm
Hi everyone - i am new here. I wanted to ask anyone that might have experience with this. . .I have worn clip in hair extensions pretty much every day for over 1 year. I take them out at night and only put them in when I go to work or go out. I have naturally had thin hair my whole life but I do bleach it blonde (it is naturally dark brown). I have noticed my hair seems to feel like cotton and is thinning more and have a small patch of hair loss underneath the layers of my hair. My question is do you think it would be caused from wearing the clip ins or just from stress and the stress of dying my hair. I am 31 and I did go and get some products that are supposed to thicken my hair and strengthen it again but I still want to be able to wear my extensions until my hair grows out.. . any advice would be so helpful!!!Cry

Thanks,
Amanda
disasterbarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 10:38am
If you have thin hair, the clip-ins could be causing a lot of pressure on your hair. It also IMO, depends on how heavy the clip-ins are. When I made my own clip-ins I had at least five or six pieces and they were all doubled up to make my hair super thick. If you have only one weft and a few pieces, it shouldn't be too bad.

You're also doing a lot to your hair by going from dark brown to bleach blonde. The dye could be causing a lot of damage to your hair rather than the clip-ins especially if you hair is thin and fragile to begin with.
adh31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adh31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 1:55pm
That is what I was sort of wondering if it was more from the dye than anything. I love wearing my clip ins because I do not like the length or style of my real hair so I was not wanting to abandon my clip insErmm.  I guess I will just try to revive my hair with conditioning and so on and hopefully it will grow out soon :)
Thanks!
disasterbarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 9:39am

Yeah, that's all! Maybe hold off with the clip ins for a few weeks till your hair can get a little stronger. :).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic