Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair breakage please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leggyblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leggyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair breakage please help
    Posted: April 21 2011 at 9:31am
Well I have been bleaching my hair for about 4 years now I first had a perm when it was brown then I changed it to blonde. My hair was really long and got so tangled I had to chop it off very short.

My hair goes jelly and drops off if I bleach it too much, my salon told me that you have to use deep conditioning treatments all the time.
rlmohr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlmohr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2010 at 9:18pm
I just posted something of the same a little while ago and it's discouraging to see how many posts of this same topic, high number of views and 0 replies. Did you end up cutting it off? My hair is really long and I'm so afraid to do anything with it except leave the conditioner in it daily and use the Redken Extreme as a rinse out treatment each morning. It's only been 5 days and my hair is breaking off about 1" from the root!
lacy50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacy50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2009 at 5:44am

Well I was hoping to get some advice from someone. Anyways I will probably just go get it all cut off and start over.  I just hate myself with short hair but I've heard that pulling it back makes the breakage worse.

i

i

lacy50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacy50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 9:59pm
I have been coloring my hair every 3 or 4 months to cover gray. The last time I colored it was like 6 months ago because it got really dry and started breaking off about a month ago. I have been using different products on it to try to get it to stop but it is still doing it. It is breaking and coming out at the root. It looks really bad because I have all these short frizzy pieces sticking out everywhere. I use alcohol free gel and hairspray in it to try to tame it some, but it still looks really bad. I don't know what to do. Any advice please?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic