Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Best Demi-Permanent Hair Color? Wella Color Charm?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Demi-Permanent Hair Color? Wella Color Charm?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
haircutstyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haircutstyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Demi-Permanent Hair Color? Wella Color Charm?
    Posted: June 16 2009 at 6:47pm
Hi everyone!

I am sure glad to find this forum! Can you please tell me the best demi-perm. color I can find at a beauty supply store?

Can anyone tell me if they used these color products & answer these questions? :

1. Wella Color Charm
2. Loreal Richesse
3. Pravana Chromasilk
4. Wella Koleston Perfect

QUESTIONS:
1. Which made your hair shiny?
2. Did your hair get softer or healthier? or coarse?
3. Was the color pretty?

I am looking for a demi perm color I can do myself that is creamy/gel
that does not burn, and will blend a few grays here and there.
I want serious shine and I want my hair to be healthy, not damaged.

I was using Naturtint but it's permanent and my hair feels like straw when wet.

Also, was thinking of highlights to hide gray. ?

ANY INFO HELPS!! THANK YOU!

borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 9:13pm
Idk if I can add to the list:Embarrassed

Goldwell Colorance
Matrix Colorsync
Paul Mitchell PM Shines
Redken Shades EQ
Schwarzkopf Viviance
Schwarzkopf Personality Semi
Wella Color Touch Semi
Color Wear by Alfa Parf

Second Nature Demi
Radiance Semi/Demi
Complements Demi

Ion Color Brilliance Demi Permanent Creme Hair Color

Smells Good, Developer smells good. Leaves hair silky, *brilliant*, Finally an ash that doesn't make pewter or gunmetal.

I know KP can be used with Pastel to make it a Demi...

Wella Color Charm- Beautiful vibrant Sparkly smooth feeling.

Richesse- Left each hair seperated and sproingy (I am making up the word) like each hair was repelled like (LIKE MAGNETS) odd... will test more to be sure.. just weird! Good Coverage. No yellow bits showing through. No Color Grab.  I guess this is great for pure tone deepening.

Clairol Creme Toner- NOT necessarily a demi yet left the hair smooth & looked vibrant. Some Yellow shows through depending on color choice, but still has brilliance. Looks light not matte.

Wella Color Charm Demi- Smells the most horrible I have ever smelled. Left the hair "straightened" smooth & not all that toned. Sulfur smells BETTER!!!!~! Felt silky however.\

Loreal Color Gems Demi- Only used clear. Felt like Richesse.

Edited by borne.blonde - August 14 2009 at 5:18am
haircutstyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haircutstyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2009 at 5:08pm
Thanks, wow, richesse sounds like garbage.

So the Wella Charm u liked, but smelled? The one I want to use is a semi-perm or demi-perm.

Was the hair glossy/shinY though?? :)
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2009 at 4:36am
I will do more swatches in the near future to make sure. But, note I was using the product on bleached to pale yellow! What color you wish for & percentage of grey is needed to know too & how previous color may effect the final result.  I personally didn't care for the 10NA color charm demi as it was dark &  I Lifted past that color & could have just lifted to the color it gave me.  That color would have been great for highlights on darker heads!

Bleached Hair & ash mixes are picky!Wacko

One line may have the specific color that leads to the result you wish.  Many rave over the wella color TOUCH & kp...

When narrow it down will you do lil swatches of your hair or hidden bits heh.
With Gray hair I have seem most with Double pigment, neutral, natural & mixed with fashion hair color but all dependent on percentage 

Edited by borne.blonde - June 18 2009 at 4:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic