Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Addy's Hair Journal!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:57pm
I must have taken a break on pics in April.

This one was taken on 4/28/09

4/28/09 pic by the pool

4/28/09 braid waves

4/28/09 regrowth and a bit of a length shot

4/28/09 two-toned

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:59pm
And my last length shot recorded on 5/11/09

I better take some more pics!  Ghesh, June flew by and I didn't take any! Ouch
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 7:50pm
Okay, since I didn't take any June pics, I figured I better get on the ball. LOL  Here is a pic on wash day.  I put it in a bun a few hours ago so it's a little wild.

Here is the bun I had it in.  I usually wear this bun all the time.  Pretty soon, it won't work as well because my hair is growing which is okay with me.

I hope to be near waist by Christmas.  I don't know if I'll make it but time will tell. 

Edited by Addy - June 28 2009 at 7:55pm
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 9:29pm
Wow Addy I love the new june pics of ur hair. The length is longer and it looks great. I love the pics in the sun as well and the french braid with the sticks. I cant wait until mine is long. If my long hair looks half as good as urs ill be happy :) ANd the ponytail shot is awesome. ur hair looks nice and thick which is always a plus. What all styles shoud I try as a guy with braids and ponytails and buns and that?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2009 at 10:03am
Wow thank you for the time line pics. Your hair looks great. Good luck in reaching your waist.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2009 at 11:35am
Hi Addy!  Love all of the pictures.  It seems like we have been growing our hair long FOREVER! Your hair is looking very healthy thoughSmile
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2009 at 12:23pm
Thanks Mike and Kim! 

It feels like forever that we've been growing doesn't it Kim?  I hope to keep growing and staying away from scissor happy stylist! 

I'm avoiding any and all trims til the end of the year. Wink
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2009 at 6:03pm

Thumbs%20UpAwesome job on your pic timeline!

ClapI love all the progress you've made.  Especially after the dreaded hack job!furious

I wish I would have had my popcorn ready for the show! hehe

And I can't wait to see where you grow from here!dance3
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2009 at 6:21pm
Thanks Jenn! 

When I take pics, I usually date them and then stash them away.  Whew!  It took me all day to put that together. LOL 

I'm gonna keep on growin! Clap
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2009 at 6:26pm
Addy im glad ur avoiding trims. I think ull def see a difference. Are u posting more pics? lol
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2009 at 10:19pm
Wow! When you said you started a journal, you weren't kidding! Its grown a lot and what's more, it looks really healthy and thick. I wish my hair was that thick! Keep up the good work and stay strong on no colour. Loved the rope braids!
www.30isthenewblack.com
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 6:46am
Thank you 30!  LOL 

I had major tangles yesterday from wearing my hair through the back hole of my fav Steelers hat.  I was riding in the car a good bit with the windows down though so that's the reason.  I didn't even bother coming it out and will CO today before work! 

Gotta go take ds to summer school and then to work!

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 7:00am
I just read ur post. Steeler hat? are u a steeler fan cause thats awesome lol. I cant wait to wear my hair in a ponytail coming out from a baseball hat. Do u do that?
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 7:55am
Addy, I'm so glad you started a journal! I've enjoyed watching your progress. Your hair really grows fast! I can't believe the difference in this last month. Oh, and I love your rope braid. I wish I could do that!
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 5:30pm
Pburgh,
Of course I love the Steelers!  I was so determined to go to a Super Bowl party that had the flu run through the house that I went anyways and got the flu two days later!  That win was well worth it! Clap   Yes, I wear my hair pulled through the back of the cap.  I always do when I wear a ball cap!  For me personally, it looks stupid if I don't!

paper,
Thank you for the compliments!  I think my hair grows fast but not fast enough for me!  haha!  It could always grow faster! Tongue 

Today, I just wore a low ponytail and CO'ed. 
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 6:23pm
I konw I went to a super bowl party too and it was amazing. Id say seeing it was def worth getting the flu lol. I def think we will win a few more too in the next couple years. Thats great u do the ponytail baseball hat too. I really want to try it. Do u think itd be okay on a guy?
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 8:07pm
It's okay if you feel comfortable doing it.   Wink 

I don't make the rules, I just break them! halloween6
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by paper paper wrote:

Addy,   I can't believe the difference in this last month. 

I was looking at my hemline this morning and guess what?!!!!!!!  I am finally at BSL!  OMG, I couldn't believe my eyes this morning!  I was so freaking excited!  It not only touches my bra strap, it goes past it a lil bit!  Another month and I'll be way past it!  I can't tell you how happy I am!   It's been two long years in Aug since my hair has been this long!  I am finally back to where I was before getting hacked to death!

I should measure my hair though.  My original goal was 30"...  I betcha I'm sneaking up on it!  I'll update a lil later on that.   I hope to be waist by Dec 31st 2009!   

I wore my hair in a french braid today since I was going to be cleaning at work.  I didn't even bother to wet it down.  I just braided and oiled the ends with EVOO.  My hair loves it! Heart
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 8:19pm
So I just measured and I was a solid 25".  I haven't been taking any vitamins or doing MN as of late.   I've been growing a 1/2" a month for the last few months.  I am going to start the MN again without using vitamins to see where I go with it.  I have a few tubes and will use them up and report back when finished.  Hopefully, I'll gain more length and if I don't, I'll give up MN forever and go back to vitamins. 

I did a treatment tonight so I'll measure in two weeks and see what I have if I remember.  bike2  <---  That smilie is pretty cool!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 12:09am
OMG congrats Addy :) BSL is very impressive. I cant believe how much it has grown. Just think before you know it you will be to your waist :) The french braid sounds awesome :) You really look goodin braids :) what all do u take to help with hair growth? im tryin to find something that works.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic