Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Addy's Hair Journal!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Addy's Hair Journal!
    Posted: June 28 2009 at 1:04pm
Hello All! 

I should have done this sooner but better late than never!

Before 2007, I was a routine washer.  I mean, every day and condition afterward.  My hair seemed okay but since I found out about CO <condition only> my hair has been inlove with it!  Now, I'm only washing once a week and that's on weekends, either Saturdays or Sundays.  I did end up washing today! Big%20smile 

I will be coming back with tons of photos to post!  Please, stay tuned. Star
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 1:25pm
These pics were taken in March 08' after growing out a terrible hair experience at Fantastic Sams in Aug 07'.  The girl was to trim up my BSL layers but as you can see, it's grown some.  I was left with shoulder length hair and layers cut up to the tips of my ears in 07'! Dead 

March 08'

Image shack is being a dog!  Will be back soon! Angry

Okay, I'm back...
Another from March 08'

March 08'

March 08'

Here is the difference in layers.  Not a very nice blend if you ask me! 

My hair was a mess!

In May of 08', I took the plunge and cut off a big portion to bring me up to shoulder length.

Here is a pic before the cut...

The other side...

Here is my hair in July 08'

And Aug 08', this is my last color job. Smile

Edited by Addy - June 28 2009 at 2:07pm
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 1:42pm
In August 08, I decided to stop coloring my hair.  It was feeling dry and mostly the main reason why I stopped and after that, I wanted to embrace my grays/silvers that I knew I had.  It's been a journey to say the least and I'm very happy with my decision.  It will be a year soon and my hair's grown so much. Smile

Pic taken on 9/27/08.  Just a little regrowth...

Pic taken Nov 4, 08' My silver's are creeping in.

Regrowth 11/15/08

Here is a cute style I made up in Nov 08'.  I was very frustrated this day with my hair for work so I oiled it and then did a ponytail with mini ropebraids.  It turned out so well and stayed all day!

Edited by Addy - June 28 2009 at 2:42pm
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 1:55pm
Hi Addy welcome :) U have gorgeous hair. I love the color and texture and everything. Im sorry about the bad cut, its hard to find good hairstylists these days. What is ur goal length? Id love to see ur hair down around waist length. It would look awesome :) My goal is around mid back to lower back. Its exciting
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 2:02pm
Hi Pburgh. 

My ultimate goal is terminal but for now, my mini goal is BSL which I'm sneaking up on. 

I have so many photos', it will take me forever to get them all uploaded! upsidedowndance  haha!

It's been a long 2 years, i'll tell ya that!  Thank you for the welcome.  My hair has changed so much! 
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 2:09pm
Ur welcome and terminal lenght is amazing to aim for. BSL is a great mini goal too. U should post some pics of it in a ponytail and braid and bun and all that stuff too it would look sooo cool :)It looks like ur hair has changed alot. Any tips forme growing mine?
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 2:18pm
Enjoy it while it's short cuz if you're serious about long hair, it'll never be short again! 

Patience!  Patience is key!  It takes along time to grow hair. 

Don't use heat!  Treat it easily!  Don't rip through it while combing!  Avoid brushes as they can yank hair out!  Comb from the bottom up!  Don't wash every day but condition only, it keeps it amazingly soft and clean too!  Umm, enjoy it! LOL  How's that for words of wisdom?  

I think the best one in there is patience.  It's a killer but only time will bring you long hair if you're serious. 

I think another piece of advice is not to trust anyone with a pair of scissors even if they have a license to weiled them.   One time in a chair with the wrong person *trimming* your hair can take years off your progress.Confused  I learned that the hard way. Cry 
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 2:30pm
Here is a french braid upclose.  I didn't get much of a tail braid on this but it's one of my better braids.

Here is a side french braid I did but I didn't wear it out this day.  I didn't like the way the front looked.  Besides, I was just piddling around.

This is what I get when I leave dd do my hair...

lolabove
And a sleek french twist held with a pencil.

Edited by Addy - June 28 2009 at 2:39pm
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 3:41pm
Wow ur hair pictures are sooo great. Thanks for the advice too its def hard to have patience at times because I want it to get long sooo bad. I am definately serious about it tho so I will enjoy it short for now because I think ill have it long forever :) My goal is mid back or maybe even lower back. I love the side french braid and the rope braid pics. How did u do the rope braids :) I would love to see more pics of it. I really want to do that to my hair now once its long what do u think?
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 3:45pm
Hair length shot 11/30/09

Hair pulled around the side 12/8/09

12/10/08  More gray/silvers coming in!

12/10/08 length shot

12/20/08

Edited by Addy - June 28 2009 at 4:26pm
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

Wow ur hair pictures are sooo great. Thanks for the advice too its def hard to have patience at times because I want it to get long sooo bad. I am definately serious about it tho so I will enjoy it short for now because I think ill have it long forever :) My goal is mid back or maybe even lower back. I love the side french braid and the rope braid pics. How did u do the rope braids :) I would love to see more pics of it. I really want to do that to my hair now once its long what do u think?

Rope braiding can be difficult for some.   I would explain it as taking two pieces of hair and twisting each one in one direction and and wraping it over the other in the opposite direction.  Search for Youtube vids on ropebraiding and you should come up with tutitorials.  That's how I learned.  Wink
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 4:34pm
1/3/09 Length shot

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:05pm
Thanks:) I really love u posting all of these pictures. They are all great and Ilove ur length now too. Itsgoing to look great at terminal length.  I will definately watch a rope braiding video :) Would u like to be my hair growing buddy? U know get on like once a month and share with eachother how much growth we have and that and talk about that stuff? It would be fun :)
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:12pm
Sure, I'll be your growth buddy, along with everyone elses buddy! LOL
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:14pm
Hair length 1/30/09

Ends of hair against regrowth

2/4/09 Hair straightened with flat iron.  I don't do that anymore.  I must have been bored.

2/8/09 heavily oiled bun with sticks

2/8/09 hair length shot

Edited by Addy - June 28 2009 at 6:22pm
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:24pm
2/24/09 pic of silvers shining through

2/24/09

Edited by Addy - June 28 2009 at 6:31pm
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:28pm
THanks Addy :)Wow I love ur hair straightened. The length is really really nice too. Is that the length now or do u have longer pics?
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:32pm
It's a tad bit longer.  I still have more pics to post!  Told you I had a lot! LOL
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:38pm
3/3/09 French braid tucked and held with hair sticks

3/4/09 pic of virgin growth

3/22/09 pic of hair in the sun

3/22/09
length of hair in the sun <head is a bit tilted>  Sorry

Edited by Addy - June 28 2009 at 6:40pm
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:45pm
3/22/09 ponytail

3/29/09 natural hair color with grays and silvers

3/29/09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic