Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing long hair - my hair type?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dan1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing long hair - my hair type?
    Posted: June 30 2009 at 5:23pm
Hi my first post, Smile

I'm currently in the in between stage of having fairly even long hair all over, but I was wondering when I get it blunt cut next year whether it will go all straight or not?

At the moment, it is completely straight until the lower strands of my hair at the bottom when it goes a bit wavy.

Pics taken about 2 hours after I washed it, and left it to dry on its own=

Will it go straight all over when I get it cut you think next year?

Thanks
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 6:02pm
HI there. welcome I am a guy growing my hair out and I cannot wait until my hair is ur length. I honeslty do not think ur hair will  get straight all over. it  will prob just continue in longer waves :) U can always straighten it. what do u think?
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 6:39am
The best indication of curl pattern is to wash your hair and let it dry on it's own by not coming or touching during the drying process!  You may always have a slight wave pattern at the ends.
As far as straightening your hair with a flat iron, I would avoid it if  your goal is to grow long hair past mid back only because heat can dry out and damage your ends and split them.   Long hair should look healthy and not like a hay stack! 
Personally, I'd caution you against straightening for reasons I listed above. Dead

Your hair is gorgeous!  You're well on your way whether it curls up or doesn't, it looks great on you! Smile
dan1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Addy Addy wrote:

The best indication of curl pattern is to wash your hair and let it dry on it's own by not coming or touching during the drying process!  You may always have a slight wave pattern at the ends.

Yeah it is only a slight wave at the ends, with the main length being completely straight when it is wet.

As far as straightening your hair with a flat iron, I would avoid it if your goal is to grow long hair past mid back only because heat can dry out and damage your ends and split them.   Long hair should look healthy and not like a hay stack!
Personally, I'd caution you against straightening for reasons I listed above.

I don't straighten my hair, I think over the past year I have only straightened it about 10-12 times if that. I don't like the look of straightened hair, it looks too fake to me I rather have my natural hair pattern show.

Your hair is gorgeous! You're well on your way whether it curls up or doesn't, it looks great on you!

Aww thanks!

I don't have much longer to go, another year perhaps, I'm waiting for my fringe to get longer, it is almost past my chin now.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 1:34pm
I think you're 2A, go here and click on the letters at the top of the page to see pics of each hair type, and you can also see what other people with this type looks like longer:
http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic