Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flattop, need a woman's opinion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flattop, need a woman's opinion
    Posted: July 13 2009 at 8:05pm

Wasn't sure about where to post this question but I figured this was as good as any of the boards.  What do women think about a flattop haircut on men?

HAWG
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 8:02pm
Hi Hawg!  I like a man in a flattop.  My husband got one and I got a feminine one.  He wanted to see me in one and I wanted to see him in one.  So we went and got them.  I may be the only female out there that likes them but I do like them on men.  Are you thinking of getting one?
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 9:55pm
I am; I have had one before and really liked it.  Wish I could talk my wife into one; I too love a woman in a flattop. Thanks for your comment, here's some pictures I've found of women with a flattop; any of them like yours?

HAWG
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 8:02am
Yes the one that is at the bottom--Kat's.  It is kind of short.  But it is really easy to take care of.  Does your wife wear her hair short?  I think a flattop looks good on a man though.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 8:20pm
Not right now; when the kids were little, she kept it short; right now, it's a couple of inches past her shoulders; she says she'll go short again if she can drop some weight.  Here's some flattops you might like:

HAWG
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2009 at 8:39am
Thanks for the link.  I put it in Favorites and will have to look at it later.  Thanks again!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2009 at 9:10pm
My pleasure; always like chatting with a woman with a flattop. Cheers.
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 9:12pm
Got a flattop today; we'll take some getting used to the look but it feels great.
HAWG
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

Got a flattop today; we'll take some getting used to the look but it feels great.

I am glad that you got what you wanted.  Enjoy it.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 6:51pm
Thanks Debbie, a week and a half of training it to stand up and I'll get it cut again on the 5th of August, the next full moon.
HAWG
BobsRock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 8:25pm

the flattop with the bangs is the best one, however as I stated previously this is NOT a recommended cut for most women imho.

Pixie cuts, yes, Bobs most definitely!

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2011 at 3:47pm
Hawg, I was wondering if you still have the flattop?  I still have mine and love it.  I go every 2 weeks to get mine recut.  Have a nice day!  Debbie
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 5:23am

Debbie, I am impressed that you still have your flattop after two years. My wife had let me cut hers in a flattop last summer and since let it grow back in. I did not take the sides that short (only used a #3 blade) but did taper tight around the nape and ears.  She is planning to get it cut again in the spring without a doubt. This cut is very easy to take care of when cut correct and use of a little "crew comb stick" (product). I need to say ladies who get clipper cuts have fear of going this short and those who do very short cuts show no fear. As my wife said "it sure beats having to pull your up in a ponytail to beat the heat.

Enjoy
Mike
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2012 at 7:38pm
Debbie, I've let it grow a little; will probably go back to it when it gets warmer. Thanks for asking and I too am impressed that you still have yours; I think that is awesome.
HAWG
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 10:56am
Originally posted by mikecuts mikecuts wrote:

Debbie, I am impressed that you still have your flattop after two years. My wife had let me cut hers in a flattop last summer and since let it grow back in. I did not take the sides that short (only used a #3 blade) but did taper tight around the nape and ears.  She is planning to get it cut again in the spring without a doubt. This cut is very easy to take care of when cut correct and use of a little "crew comb stick" (product). I need to say ladies who get clipper cuts have fear of going this short and those who do very short cuts show no fear. As my wife said "it sure beats having to pull your up in a ponytail to beat the heat.

Enjoy
Mike

Mine is cut a number one on the sides and the back and then whatever she cuts my top half with.  I go to Great Clips every 2 weeks.  I love the ease of it, and use a styleing gel from Walmart.  I have been meaning to buy some crew gel but just haven't done it yet.  Heck I have been bald, buzzed in yrs  past so nothing would bother me.  I love this flattop though.  This is the only hairstyle for me now.  I agree with your wife on it beating the heat!!!
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 10:58am

Debbie, I've let it grow a little; will probably go back to it when it gets warmer. Thanks for asking and I too am impressed that you still have yours; I think that is awesome.

I love mine!  To me there is no other haircut for the time being!  Like I told Mike I go every 2 weeks and get it retrimmed.  My husband seems to be happy that I am so happy.  Hey, it sodesn't take much to make me happy! :-)
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 8:55pm
Debbie, that's awesome.  I think I see a flattop for me in the near future!
HAWG
Beth28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2012 at 9:56pm
Hello.  My name is Beth.  28 years old.  About your topic of a guy with a flat-top crew cut......................... I absolutely adore them!!!   My b/f at the moment has short barber cut hair, but not a crew cut.  Every time he goes to the barber for a haircut, I always tell him to get a flat-top crew cut.  But he doesn't.  My X-b/f always got a crew cut.
The barber shop he went to cut his hair so perfect, so freeking short.  Talk about great "haircut day sex".  Lol.

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2012 at 8:13am

Debbie, that's awesome.  I think I see a flattop for me in the near future!

It is just one haircut that never goes out of style! 
chameleongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2012 at 2:03am
I think it depends on a person's features and head shape. A close friend of mine has a flat top and he sometimes grows it a bit longer on top. He always returns to this style and it suits him best. My husband, on the other hand, would likely look alright with one, but I prefer what he has now which is a shaved head. Normally I don't go for this look, but he has the perfect head for it. I even help him with it sometimes.

In general I think it can be a great style on the right person. Personally for me I wouldn't go that short, I'll stick with a bob.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic