Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flattop, need a woman's opinion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2012 at 11:40am
I found a barbershop here in the town where I live!  He is so nice and I felt very comfortable in there.  The only reason that I never went to a barber before is because of the men in there.  This guy told me it shouldn't matter.  He really put me at ease.  Also I will be saving some money.  One more thing it is a really great flattop also.  I am happy! :-)
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2012 at 7:50pm
That is awesome Debbie; it's cool that they made you feel at ease there; I love seeing a woman in a barbershop.  Where is this shop and what is its name?  I haven't been able to find a barbershop where I live that has a barber that can do a decent flattop or even a decent haircut for that matter; nobody I've found can taper properly; they just buzz the sides with a number 1 and call that skin tight.  I usually go to a military base once a month to visit the PX and Commissary and while there I visit the barbershop.  I say once a month because it's a 250 mile trip.

HAWG
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2012 at 8:00pm
Hawg I sent you a PM.  I live in Southern Illinois.  Too bad you can't find a good barber where you live!  I was going to Great Clips but now that I have found him and he is in my hometown I won't be going to Great clips anymore.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 6:08pm
Deb and Hawg, Let me just say how right you both are. It is hard to find a barber. I did cut hair but over the year it is just side work for me. More money can be made else where. I have a friend who works for her father's shop and she is the best I ever scene do a flat top. (better than her father & me). This is a three chair shop and her father is getting close to retirement. Her daughter is know working as a barber / stylist also. My wife likes to have her cut by Susan every now and then just for a change. You would not believe the amount of ladies that go to this shop to have thier haircut. Not all have it cut short, plenty of bobs and shags and yes short cuts. Marketing is a major help in a good shop. Cost for cuts range from 10 to 15 depending on length of cut. I go every 3-4 weeks for my trims and the wife goes about every 4 to six weeks . Susan is very good with sisscor over comb for ladies who fear the clipper. I am glad to see you found a great shop. Enjoy
Mike
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 8:15am
Mike, you were a barber?  Do you still cut your wife's hair.  My husband has cut me a flatop before but the last time he screwed it up and is now scared to cut it anymore.  My daughter spends $70-$100 on her hair.  I told her to give me a set of clippers and I could cut it myself!  LOL!  I was joking of course!!  I couldnot get over how comfortable I was.  There were men in there but they kept their cimments to themselves.  If they said anything they said it after I left.  I won't pay more than $15.00 on my hair.  Tip included! 
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 10:54am
Mike, where is Susan?
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 7:05pm
Got a flattop today; I was at Little Rock Air Force Base; the girl I've had cut my hair before wasn't there so I waited for the barber in the first chair (usually the best in the shop).  She did a terrible job; was all uneven; looked like crap.  When I got home, I buzzed it myself with a #5 all over.  I'll try again in a couple of weeks when this grows out a little.  Maybe I'll go somewhere else this next time.
HAWG
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 8:00pm
Hawg, aren't they great!  Some people can cut them and some people can't.  I can't wait to get mine recut again.  I go every 2 weeks which I don't mind.  Some people go every 3 weeks but I find that is too long to wait for me. 
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2012 at 8:36pm
I can't go more than a week.
HAWG
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 7:57am
Well the barbershop didn't last long.  He cut it about 3 times.  Kept going shorter with it.  Last time he gave me a high and tight.  The last time I was in there he stopped in the middle of my haircut and said "Wait I have to go pee!".  I thought that was very unprofessional.  He could of said "excuse me I have to go to the bathroom".  There I sat though 1/2 cut and I felt horrible.  I told my husband that I didn't think he wanted me in there.  Someone must of said something.  Anyway, I will stick with the place I go.  She does it right and never cuts it like a high and tight!  I went Saturday and got it cut so I am a happy camper!  Have a great day Everyone!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 12:59pm
That was rude; I wouldn't blame you if you didn't ever go back.
HAWG
linda1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2012 at 2:13pm
Debbie, I am so glad to see other women with flat top haircuts on here. I love mine, me and my husband wear flat tops. I wear mine more often then he has one. I started wearing mine in the 90's and still have it on and off. I have seen alot of them on women around over the years but only spoke to a few of them. Thanks Linda

Edited by linda1971 - June 24 2012 at 9:56pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2012 at 10:25pm
Getting my flattop touched up tomorrow. Maybe like this

HAWG
linda1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2012 at 11:22pm
HAWG, I get the same kind of flat top in the summer. I really like my flat top look, so do many others, like it on me. I saw a women in her 50's last week at a restaurant my husband and I went too. Not very short on the side and back, but the top was a flat top for sure. Linda
linda1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2012 at 6:54pm
Hey Debbie, do you still wear a flat top. I just had mine cut up a few days a go, I still think it is a great cut. I am thinking of taking the top short, what do you think, Thanks Linda

Edited by linda1971 - September 18 2012 at 7:07pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2012 at 7:55pm
I think you should!
HAWG
linda1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2012 at 8:54pm
hi HAWG, how short should I go, I see a woman a few weeks ago with a flat top and it looked like it was less then 1/2 on top you could see the top of her head in the center. it was square the way I like mine. She had all gray hair, she was 50-60 age. It look great on her not sure if it would look good on me. Linda
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2012 at 10:19pm
I think you should go slightly longer than the haircut you described; I think it'll look great but if it doesn't, the only difference in a good haircut and bad one when it's that short is just a couple of weeks.  Have fun!
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic