Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about Matrix...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about Matrix...
    Posted: July 21 2003 at 11:38pm
I believe it was Lyris (correct me if i'm wrong!) who said a while back that the Amplify was horrible for the hair. A pH test was done on it and it was just unbelieveable. But what about the Sleek Look? I use that and i adore the products...it works well, i just wondered if there's anything i should be aware of with that line.
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 7:26am
I believe it was LiliBeach who mentioned the pH, as I don't regularly test products for it. However, Matrix Amplify does contain sodium lauryl sulfate, which makes it too drying for most hair types. This seems to be a recurring problem with Matrix shampoos. Biolage, as great as it smells, has this detergent as well! Wise up Matrix, this ingredient doesn't belong in purportedly "moisturizing" products.

The good news is Sleek Look is good stuff: no harsh surfactants here. The shampoo and conditioner are somewhat overpriced, considering that the ingredients are incredibly standard and very similar to what you'll find in the cheapo brands. But there's nothing here that will harm your hair. If you like it Whitney, there is no reason to stop using it! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 10:29am
whoops, sorry Lyris, thought you were the pH tester...hehe. good deal! I hoped it was safe---that's the only stuff I can find that will soften my coarse hair. Although, maybe it's just me......but the shampoo/conditioner smells like weed to me. Hmm.
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 11:41am
LOL, pot-scented shampoo! What a trip!

If it works for you though, keep it up.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 2:30pm
Maybe I'm just going insane. I don't know. Everytime I get into the shower to wash my hair with Sleek Look, I get this pungent odor that just reminds me of pot. I smell it more in the conditioner. Who knows, they have hemp lotions, maybe there's something in this product!! Or maybe I'm losing it!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic