Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice needed: Lace wrinkles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sammysmithazt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammysmithazt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice needed: Lace wrinkles
    Posted: July 31 2009 at 12:28am
Hey ladies. I finally found you.....BHM refugee

I'm not new to LF's but I'm not an expert either.

I'm having trouble with two indentical stock units I just ordered.

The lace crinkles up when its adhered. I dont think its the application as my other units do not do this.

The difference in this unit is that the lace has more stretch than I am used to (advertised as swiss lace with a little stretch from ear to ear). It is also a larger cap size than my others, even my stock units that were ordered from other vendors at the same size range.

The lace lies flat when I adhere it but immediately crinkles up around the enitire peremiter in the front. I've tried to keep pressure on it. i've tried wrapping it. I've tried several applications. I have even done a test run of making the cap smaller by temporarily cinching the area behind the ears which did make the cap fit better but the wrinking was exactly the same so I removed the temporary alteration and now I am just at a loss as to what to try next.

I dont want to start hacking into it without knowing what the problem actually is: the lace itself, the cap size. perhaps both?

Anyone run into this problem?

Possible causes and solutions?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

edit to add: I have actually cut the lace to fit ear to ear and shortened the nape area. I've done this on all my units using the part method.
No problems there, justcant seem to get the lace to lay flat. It actually crinckles my skin. Its crazy looking. :(

Edited by sammysmithazt - July 31 2009 at 12:31am
sammysmithazt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammysmithazt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2009 at 4:49am
no one but me?

oh well, I finally gave up the fight and cut bangs into it

it has to be the type of lace. it has a lot more stretch than any of my other units which do not behave this way.

lesson learned

vendor knocked off list
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic