Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christina Applegate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christina Applegate
    Posted: August 04 2009 at 9:46pm
Is this all hers? Loving it; although I really liked the curly bob.

HAWG
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 7:27am
Can't see how it would grow that fast from the above-the-shoulders length she had at most a few months ago.

More to the point, to me this is a very bland, flat, standard, unflattering length and style. I know Samantha Who got cancelled, but it still bums me out to see her trade the best (and only?) curly bob on TV for this.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 2:39pm
Barely shoulder length on May 9 per photos on Getty.

I second the motion, Curlyfan.  

This may have been a look created specifically for the show.   Other than some photos from "Sweet Charity," in which she wore a similar hairstyle, I can't find a single photo on Getty in which she has the curly bob from "Samantha Who?".   OTOH, if she had to wear the same hairstyle for several years in two different roles, it's understandable that she might be ready for a change.
Durango
les237 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote les237 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 4:56pm
Love the length and the style.  The longer the better!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 7:39pm
I agree with les 237. Matter of fact I was watching Don't tell Mom the babysitter is dead. Her hair was great in that.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 9:47pm
While looking back at her previous looks, I found this picture of Christina with Jean Smart from February of this year; appears that Jean went short on us; I missed this one.

Here's her signature look from "Samantha Who?"

and another look at her new shorter haircut

HAWG
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 9:30pm
I loved her curly bob!
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 9:40pm
In one of the final episodes of Samantha Who, her young and smitten male assistant says to her adoringly "I love you sense of purpose!... and your bouncy curls."

New assistant, I couldn't have said it better. She defied all odds with gorgeous full-on curls that she sported not for one episode, but consistently for two entire seasons. Sad to see them (and her) go.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 11:29pm
Jean Smart's hair was a wig in "Samantha Who?" Her hair wasn't nearly that long the season before in "24."

I remember being crushed the first time I saw Christina Applegate had cut her long hair. Turnabout is fair play, if only for a few weeks.
Who has more fun than people?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic