Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long Beautiful Hair! Help and Join me!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JulaBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Beautiful Hair! Help and Join me!
    Posted: August 18 2009 at 7:07pm
Hey my name is Julia and I am new here!

Do you want to join me in my goal to loooong hair?

I have always loved long hair, and had it not too long ago. but a rescent bad salon job has my hair fried beyond repair and I am starting straight from scratch, my roots. So i have descided to go totally natural with my hair for atleast a year. My natural hair color is dark brown and the dye job is blondish brown so i can clearly see my roots. My hair now looks like a fried Frizzy mullet, I had it cut so short because of the breaking ends. My hair is naturally pretty thick so atleast i love my roots...  Broken%20Heart

So heres my plan for the next year:
Take msm and vitamins, drink alot of water, eat right and excersise. AND of coarse no more dyeing my hair or adding heat, just an ugly pony tail or gelled up.

And in one year HOPEFULLY my hair will have grown atleast 8 inches and i can cut off all the frizzy odd colored hair and jsut have my all natural color and hair.

How do you think my plan will work???
Does anyone have any storie theyd share with me???
Or advise???

If your hair is very long, how long did it take and did you use any speacial tricks?
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2009 at 9:26am
Wish you luck! My hair is APLish and I've been considering cutting it all off and starting over in hopes for thicker, more even hair.
parkavery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkavery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 12:47pm
You mentioned gelling your hair - try to go easy on the styling products, or choose products that have nutrients to help your hair (proteins, pro-vitamins, etc).

I also suggest washing your hair to suit your hair type. Washing it too much will strip oils and dry your hair out; not washing it enough will cause product build-up. It's all about finding the right plan and it sounds like you're off to an excellent start.

Good luck!
JulaBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 6:29pm
JulaBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 6:29pm
Thats my hair before and after it was fried.  It was around bra stap length when it was straight but now its short choppy frizz so im going to have it trimmed every 2 months until the dead hair is off.  hopefully in the next year it will be 8 inches of all natural thick hair!!  It has already grown an inch in the past 2 months but THATS SLOW to me!! errr i wanna just destroy that bitches salon :( i worked hard for my hair and she just tells me "im not worried about it falling out im worried about the color" when i told her i was worried... well it broke off 7 inches so here i go back to scratch.  
It just sucks because ive been fat and pregnant for the past year and now my hair is gone and i have to wait ANOTHER year to feel like me again.
JulaBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 6:32pm

Edited by JulaBean - August 27 2009 at 11:29am
JulaBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 6:38pm

Edited by JulaBean - August 27 2009 at 11:28am
JulaBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by _Princess_ _Princess_ wrote:

Wish you luck! My hair is APLish and I've been considering cutting it all off and starting over in hopes for thicker, more even hair.

i think you should keep your hair if its in good condition that is and still let it grow so you have twice as long and thick Smile
i bet it would be so pretty!
but mine is in horrible condition and im still too scared to cut it all off lol
JulaBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by parkavery parkavery wrote:

You mentioned gelling your hair - try to go easy on the styling products, or choose products that have nutrients to help your hair (proteins, pro-vitamins, etc).

I also suggest washing your hair to suit your hair type. Washing it too much will strip oils and dry your hair out; not washing it enough will cause product build-up. It's all about finding the right plan and it sounds like you're off to an excellent start.

Good luck!
thanks

yeah lol, hair is picky like that. cant wash it too much or too little.

I use to only wash it about 3 times a week, all i had to do in the morning was poof it back up with my hands, didnt even have to brush it some days! i cant wait for that again :) and it will be thicker because i refuse to ever die it again lol

i went a little too dye happy.. from black, to black n pink, to black red, red, red, red and more red dye then bleach! aaah
but i had fun until i killed it lol
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2009 at 4:58pm
Too late lol, I've cut it all off.  Length isn't an issue for me, just want it to be healthy and strong.
JulaBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 12:47pm
yeah thats understandable lol. im just too scared to do it all at once so i got a fake hair piece to keep in while it is growing! ill cut it a little evey once in a while.

JulaBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulaBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 12:48pm

OuchAngryAngryAngryGRRRR I JUST WROTE UP A WHOLE LIFE STORY AND THE COMPUTER FROZE ON ME..

I WILL HAVE PICS SOON!!! i just need AAA bateries lol.
Here i go again... Approve

I have a black light and ive noticed only the regrowth glows because it is not dyed. (my teeth and eyes glow too haha!), so i will be measuring with that haha! thats pretty cool.

My goal is in 10 years to have my hair to my knees and in 3 years please please please hair grow to my waist line!

whackybut still i go crazy sometimes! 5 YEARS OF GROWTH DOWN THE POOPER and my pregnancy had my hair so thick and beautiful.....     CryCryCryCry boohoo. if i coulf pause the world ide beat the "profesional" who  DIED my hair with my skate board. Ouch lol

UPDATE!!!:
OK so back to being serious. I have bought a fake hair piece the color of my roots  because i got tired of wearing my hair in a frizzy bun and it looks so cute! it actually looks real. pretty good for KMART at 15 dollars. Big%20smile
but i have also been straighting it halloween1because if im jsut going to have it all cut off eventually then why not make it half way descent.
I also need a trim badly because its sarting to break alot alot again but thats my fault. o well Smile 

I have bought MSM finally on the first of this month and my hair has only grown a quarter of an inch in 15 days. i was really hopeing for a half an inch by now but MILK AND WATER ARE KEY and ive been lazy in that area Embarrassed tehe.

my aunt has hair almost to her waist, she drinks 8 GLASSES OF MILK A DAY, water and milk will help anyone looking to grow hair faster.

myaluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myaluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2009 at 12:14pm
You say that an inch in 2 months is slow to you but that's pretty much the rate that human hair grows... half an inch a month. If you can somehow get your hair to grow significantly more than that, then let us know. But no amount of product or dieting/health changes will make your hair grow any faster. It will help to keep it from breaking and being damaged which would obviously set you back. But it's not possible to make your hair grow any faster than your body will allow...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic