Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ally<3's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 3:12am
Thanks smilinjenn71!

I had a customer at work ask me today if I was growing my hair! Either it's looking longer or he reads these boards!! Oh lord I hope it's the former.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 3:20am
Hair Pic of the Day

Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 3:25am
New Hair Inspiration

Edited by Ally<3 - August 31 2009 at 3:26am
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 4:57am
I think my hair's getting easier to manage. It's looking a bit dull cause the colour's fading. :(

I'm at a stage now where I don't care if it's long just make it all really healthy and unchemically treated. We'll worry about length later!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 6:34am
I totally agree with your last post. make sure ur hair is healthy and if its healthy then it will tend to grow longer even :) I love the new hair inspiration pic too. I love celebrities with gorgeous long hair :) They make me jealous tho lol hahahah
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 7:21am
I've got some good ones of Rachel coming up! lol

Yeah if it's healthy it won't break as easy and therefore -- length!

I know, even though half (or more) of celebs use extension. I read Paris hilton is suffering from baldness and thinning, also known as "actress hair" from continuly wearing hair extensions since she was a teenager.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 8:47am
Do u know why is it that extensions cause all that damage? its sad
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

Ally I know what u mean about ends. they def are frustrating u put all that time into growing your hair really long only to get like an inch off because of ends. its like taking a step backward :( Braids are def cool and i can get some small ones now which are cool :) Ill def post some pics of a bun :) I have to wear one for work so I hope it turns out well. what styles do u do?

Natorade thanks for the feedback :) BSL is awesome  and im sooo glad his bun looks good. is it tight or messy? I know ill prob do a tight one at the base of my neck so i hope it turns out good :) does ur friend plan on growing his hair longer and with it curly does he ever straighten it?

pburgh56...i have never seen my friend straighten his hair..his bun is usually not a messy bun. he has also worn it in 2 braids. he makes me so mad at how great his hair is though.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 8:41pm

awwww thats great his hair is great tho :) did u ever style it for him ? A tight one would be great for his hair and i can imagine the bangs look great :) is he letting it get longer?

Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 3:06am

Well anything that is fused to the hair is going to cause damage. That along with the weight and pulling of the extensions on the hair causes the hair to snap where the bond is and even be pulled out at the root. They look good but my god can they do some serious damage.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 3:07am
I need a trim!
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 3:09am
Hair Pics Of the Day
http://rachel-bilson.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=15984&fullsize=1
http://rachel-bilson.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=15985&fullsize=1

Pics won't show for some reason.

Edited by Ally<3 - September 01 2009 at 3:27am
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 3:57am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WirongWHcW4&feature=channel_page

check it out
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 4:11am
My hair's condition is definitely improving, it must be happy to be rid of bleach!

How does everyone measure their hair? Everytime I do it I don't think I'm being accurate enough. It's a bit fiddly.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 4:07pm
I tot get what ur saying about extensions. I can def see how the pulling and that would damage the roots. As for your question about measuring, I usually use a very small measure so I can measure exactly and measure from root to tip :) How have u tryed to measure? and how long is it?
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 8:19pm
I measure 2 ways, first, starting at the middle part the the longest point on the side, and also starting from the centre of my hairline above my nose, along my part and to the tips at the back. Itwas like 38cm last time. Can't wait to measure it again in a couple of weeks!
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Ally<3 Ally<3 wrote:

Well anything that is fused to the hair is going to cause damage. That along with the weight and pulling of the extensions on the hair causes the hair to snap where the bond is and even be pulled out at the root. They look good but my god can they do some serious damage.
Oh I remember in my junior year of high school I got extensions sewn in. I removed them a month later and my hair was sooooo thin. I had handfuls of hair come out. It was real scary.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 9:47pm
oh wow natorade thats terrible :( how long of extensions were they and do u regret them now?
Thanks sooo much for the measuring tips Ally. I will def try that.  how often do u recommend measuring?
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 10:40pm
Once a month I measure. Looks like I'm approx 6cms away from my first goal.

I have noticed my ends aren't splitting as much as well. The problem with my hair is that it's layered, and I'm growing it all to one length, so I can't trim the layers if they need it. I have been going in myself with a pair of scissors, and if I see a split or damaged end, I will cut the very end off the single strand.

How much heat does everyone use on their hair? A part from the fact I used to curl it once or twice a year, I haven't really used for years. Oh wait I did use an iron occasionally when I had extensions so my hair would sit flat with them. What a bad idea.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 10:52pm
Okay, so next measure day is the 25th of September.

I'm not drinking enough water! I enjoy a glass, but when it comes to drinking 6 I just don't manage to drink them all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic