Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need waves asap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jwaves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need waves asap
    Posted: September 09 2009 at 3:50pm
I want 360. Waves tell me what to do what to buy what haircut what are the best products best methods and here's a pic please help school dance coming and I wanna b fresh 2 death

http://m887.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/Jwaves1994/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_6807.jpg.html?pbauth=1_InKH3DO4ADjdh1h3YMYz2Q6uYmR8hpd8ktMrH5bBS%2BFOBYFDlNs1mTsazGHWP9ly1VbOKoHtCb4QaPh0fNVdIFaf%2BSWYLTfKPc3mTdFzra7LP923nFBtMjYJBYW15fqXvXHik5uachr33g1xxCOzSQ%3D%3D
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2009 at 1:25pm
Cant see pics, but you need to read "FAQ's".
DUB-C
kokko817 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kokko817 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 8:02am
Wuts up how do i get waves pls tell me what to buy what to do
Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by kokko817 kokko817 wrote:

Wuts up how do i get waves pls tell me what to buy what to do

Do you have a brush, durag, and moisturizer??
[IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/Gristyle/84497587_l.gif" />
I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
freddysmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddysmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2012 at 9:35pm
Basic 360 Wave Steps:

1.  Get hair clippered approx 1 1/2 long with a #1 ½ guard and cut to the grain of the hair - how the hair grows naturally.
2   Wash hair with moisturizing formula.  If there's lots of build-up use clarifying product instead to remove buildup.
3.  Towel blot then air dry or blow dry.
4.  Apply liberal amount of pomade, gel, lotion or similar moisturizer.  Match product to your hair type & texture.  Fine and/or soft hair will take moisture easier than thick, coarse hair which may need strongest pomade.
5.  Once pomade or similar is applied to hair, apply heat to help it penetrate down into the hair shaft.
6.  Use firm bristle hard brush.  Working along the natural growth pattern of the hair brush hair from the crown and down through the entire head.  Brush 100x or more.
7.  Once hair has pomade or similar and been brushed then apply a durag, stocking cap or similar.  This will help the waves form.
8.  Do this pomade-brush-cap 1-3x a day to get fastest results.

More Tips
Don't brush hair after removing cap.
Don't wash hair for 2-3 weeks while waves or forming.  Water will destroy wave pattern.
Don't get hair cut for up to 4-6 weeks until deepening of waves.  You can get a line-up if you dare but NO haircut until you hit the wolfing (growing out deep waves) phase.
Use the same brush all the time.  Don't switch up.

Secrets
If you hair is super coarse & won't form waves then use a texturizing or relaxing kit to help soften hair to "take" waves.  Downside of kits?  Overtime as hair grows from the roots, the chemicals weaken and then eventually stop working.  Kits have to be reapplied to roots after waves are formed to keep them tight and spinnin.

Celebs use kits all the times to soften hair for waves OR to add texture if their natural hair is straight with no curl/waves.

All races can have waves IF they are willing to use chemicals if their hair is stick straight, has no bend OR too thick, nappy to form 360s.

Note:  Many people who can easily and naturally get 360 waves frown on people using kits but the reality is that for some people that is the ONLY way to get the 360 waves started.

PS.  Yes...white people can get waves with kits. 
carlwaves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlwaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2012 at 8:34pm
Okk waves can b a simple ting if you want, me from England, London, gettin wave ting from America, ppl hyping over it

Ok well I myself have waves , seen ur pic, ur hair seem ok 2 begin the wolfing process of acquiring waves. The wolfing process is training ur hair 2 lay flat

CARL'S METHOD 2 WAVES

What you need:
Pomade (carsons or duke)
Mostriuzer (vaseling or regular hair cream is fine)
Hard brush
Softer brush
1 - 3 Du rags ( I only have 1 cos I look after mine and re wash it , has lasted me ages :'))
Hair but not too short but not too long
Duke 3 in 1 Shampoo Conditioner
Water spray

1. To begin wolfing you need a cut which allows you to comfortably brush your hair without pain with a hard brush. If it doesn't hurt when brushing vivaciously then it should be long enough to carry of waves, but nt too long. Ok the best time to start this is during a holiday or if not then on a weekend.

2. Wash hair thoroughly with dukes 3 in 1 shampoo cos with wolfing its gonna be a good moth before you get your hair wet again, so in the mean time mostriuse well to avoid dandruff or uncleanliness.

3. Leave hair damp and get 2 fingertip worths of Duke's pomade and rub into a film onto your hands and apply to your head, one rub on the front part of your head, one on the back and two on the sides, (going in direction of the grain)

4. Quickly pick up your hard brush and start brushing in the direction of the grain, you have now begun wolfing. Add a little more pomade if neccsesary to gel down the hair. As you do spray or sprinkle your hair with a bit of water to keep it moist as you brush. Brush for a minimum of 20 minutes. If you look in the mirror you should see ur hair layed flat down like springs coiled out.

5. After brushing get your durag quickly , ensuring all parts of your head have been brushed down from the crown going down. Spray your durag or wavecap, (I prefer durag because you don't have 2 lift it off the head) with some water and apply it on your head tieing it tightly and flattening out your hair through it with your hands.

6. Keep the durag on 4 a minimum of an hour and remove it and you should see small waves beginning 2 develop. Brush for another 20 minutes without using pomade or water because water can reverse waves.

7. Put your durag on and for the next 4- 8 weeks brush your hair wenever you r free at least 10 times a day for a mininum of 20 minutes per sitting without washing your hair or getting a hair cut until the 3rd of 4th week at least.

8. Do not use pomade regularly , only use it during the 1st week or if ur hair starts to stand up like nappy hair (it should not if you brush properly).

9. By the 4th week , or wenever waves are beginning 2 come through , hair can be washed once a week and can be cut with the grain. Start using a softer brush 2 connect the waves and cut every 3- 6 weeks then grow it out to maintain deep waves. ALWAYS USE THE DURAG wen you rnt busy and if you follow my instructions in just over a month you could have the piffest spinning waves ever , all connected 360 style.

ALWAYS have a shape up 2 keep everything neat and tidy.

Bless black brother and if you nt from uk and from america send blessing and if from uk london safe my man.

Ur waves will b as gd as mine soon ;)

You de don

Keep me updated on progress and other wave questions @
fascinatingcarl@gmail.com

Safe

Edited by carlwaves - September 29 2012 at 8:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic