Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would this work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pragz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pragz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would this work?
    Posted: September 15 2009 at 9:09pm
I was looking around some Google results trying to find a good way to straighten my hair and came across this post. It's from Yahoo Answers:

Quote I love curly hair on guys personally.

BUT, I have curly/wavy hair myself (a mixture of both really, and it's not pretty!), and I straighten my hair every 3-5 months myself (depending on growth).

This is what I do, and it DOES WORK.

1) I get a home perm (Ogilvie home perm is what I use, and you should be able to find it at any grocery, Walmart, etc.).

2) Fill a spray bottle with water, and spray you hair with it (you can also wet it under the tub and towel most of the moisture out).

3) After your hair is damp, make the part wherever you will want the part to be, once you hair will be straight.

4) Apply the perm solution exactly as it says (except do not use the curlers .. or the wraps that are included in the box), and use a FINE toothed comb to brush your hair straight as you are applying the solution.

5) After you apply all of the perm solution, set the timer (per box instructions).

*** 6) While you are waiting for the timer to go off, you have to continuously come your hair with the fine toothed comb (it has to be fine toothed, to get the straightness that you are trying to achieve).

Just say you set the time for 25 minutes for example, you do not have to comb for a continuous 25 minutes .. but you do have to comb it at lest every few minutes or so, to insure that your hair is still straight.
If you don't do this, you may actually end up perming waves into your hair, or your natural curls will spring up and that section of hair will not be straight.

7) When the timer goes off, go into the tub or shower and rinse, keeping hair as straight as possible all the while.

*** 8) Then apply the bottle of Neutralizer. After you apply the Neutralizer to your hair, you have to repeat step -6)-.

Since the neutralizer is what is actually "ending" the perm process, you have to make sure that your hair is staying completely straight, until the process is completely finished.

9) After the time is up, rinse the Neutralizer out of your hair.

10) And that is it!

---

You can blow dry your hair when you are done, or you can let it dry naturally.

Like I said, this is what I do to straighten my hair, and it really works.

You may need to get a trim afterwards, to cut off your dead ends. Especially since you don't notice your dead ends as much when your hair is curly, after you straighten it, you will.

Good luck with your new style!!

I was wondering if this would actually work or not?

I'm a guy and I'm sick of constantly having to straighten my hair. You see, my hair is kinda' curly but not curly enough to fit in that "I like curly hair" category. So, I'm hoping to find a way to permanently straighten my hair. :3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic