Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Professionals-Is this style still "in"?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
esmith7713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esmith7713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Professionals-Is this style still "in"?
    Posted: September 20 2009 at 6:27am
I would like the opinion of all you professional hairstylsts and people in the business. Is this haircut still in style? I know the enthusiasts love it (as do I) but i'm interested in what the pros think.

bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2009 at 9:55am
Shorter bobs do seem to be in.  I haven't done but one with a buzzed nape like that all season.  Most are doing more of a stacked back.
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esmith7713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2009 at 10:18am
Thanks for the reply - a stacked back- is that similar to a graduated bob? would you prefer not to do one with a buzzed nape like the picture?

I guess that's the question - would a stylist (who is trying to be current) do a short angled bob with a buzzed nape as opposed to a stacked or graduated bob?
what'd you think?
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2009 at 12:05pm
Stacked or Buzzed...either are "current".  The one Buzzed nape that I did was a girl growing her shorter pixie out and was going for a chin length all one length bob.  She still had layers in the back so we buzzed her nape really short which made the growing process work alot better.

Personally, I would do either one.  If I was asked which is better in my opinion, I would probably say stacked.  It takes a certain personality to pull off the buzzed nape/all one length bob.
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2009 at 8:21pm
I feel it is going away slowly. I had cut allot of bobs this past summer but not many drastic cuts. Most ladies have grown their hair this pass year. I have seen a resurgence in ladies asking to have bangs again. Those that  went with bangs mostly had bobs with long chin length bangs and got fed up with tucking them behind their ears. I feel one length is making a come back again.
Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esmith7713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 6:03am
thanks everyone - reason i ask is my wife's stylist seems to prefer to do a graduated bob rather than a blunt in the back bob, with buzzed nape - and my wife does not want to be 'embarrassed' asking for an outdated cut.

so i was wondering if that was this stylists own preference or more of a trend in the industry.

Edited by esmith7713 - September 22 2009 at 6:10am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esmith7713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2009 at 2:49pm
well my wife went for it and it looks fantastic - a bit longer in back and a bit shorter in front so not quite the bob - buzzed nape - fabulous haircut on her!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2009 at 5:42pm
Any chance you would be kind enough to share a picture or two of your wifes new do?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic