Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice Needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice Needed
    Posted: October 06 2009 at 8:41am

I've been growing my hair for the last 2 years. About a year ago, I decided to quit dyeing my hair. The 2 tone and 2 textures are driving me nuts! So far I have cut off 6" in the back. This is what my hair looks like in the back after being air dryed.

Any ideas on how I should cut off the rest of this dye, or most of it? I am still planning on letting my hair grow, after, so I don't want to deal with a ton of layers. I was thinking chin length with long layers?

Thanks

Edited by paper - October 11 2009 at 6:44am
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2009 at 2:56pm
      Hi Paper! Always nice to hear from you. Wink
      All I can say is that if my wife were in your situation, and wanted to go natural, I'd hate her to lose any more length at this point. You have a superb shoulder length cut now. I can't imagine it looking better at a shorter length on you. The color blends extremely well in your photos. Of course, with ANY hair length you choose, you will remain a fabulous and lovely woman!!  Bob Big%20smile 

Edited by Bob S - October 06 2009 at 2:58pm
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2009 at 7:39am
Hi Bob! Smile Thanks for your nice comments. I always appreciate your advice. Everyone keeps telling me to leave my hair alone. But, thats easier said then done!
VictoriaJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictoriaJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2009 at 3:43pm
Have you thought about doing a rinse to even out the color? Not a permanent color, but just a temporary rinse. They have some really nice vegetable-based rinses out there that are really moisturizing and conditioning.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2009 at 4:36am
Hi Victoria Joy! I did try a semi permanent dye once. I had very good results with that. It didn't last long though and was messy and difficult to use just on the dyed part. Maybe I'll try it again.

What kind of rinses are you talking about? It sounds interesting.
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2009 at 3:27pm
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><>

Paper, you will love this semi-perm.  Use level 4N and leave on for 20 minutes.  Your hair will be shiny and just gorgeous.  It will take care of the two tone.  Make sure you put it on damp hair and it is not messy at all.  You can buy it at Sally's.

http://www.clairolpro.com/products/demi_permanent/radiance#

Edited by Kimbearly - October 13 2009 at 3:29pm
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2009 at 6:51am
Thanks Kimbearly! A few months ago, I would of tryed this. At this point, I don't think I want to put any more chemicals in my hair.
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2009 at 6:07pm
Ok, I understand.  Have you tried pulling part of your hair back?  Since the top is dark and the ends are light, when you pull up your hair it will blend.  Did you get anymore cut off?  I am sure it looks nice whatever you did.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2009 at 7:31pm
Thanks Kimbearly! Smile Yeah, I've been wearing my hair in half ups or I clip the sides back. I've been ok with my hair lately, but I get these moments.... No, I haven't cut any more off. I've been thinking the next time I get a trim I might get long layers in the front to help get rid of the dye. Something like this.
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2009 at 3:58pm
Very cute and I think it will look very nice.  When I was glancing at the hairboards and saw your name over here I was wondering what you were up to.  
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2009 at 5:45pm

Thanks! :) If/when I get my hair cut it won't be for a while. I'll post on my journal. Thanks again for the advice.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic