Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how can i grow my hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DolphinPython View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DolphinPython Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how can i grow my hair?
    Posted: October 14 2009 at 4:11am
so im  a guy, not sure if guys are banned from this forum or something lol seems abit girly but anyway..
i have short hair, and i want to grow it so i can kinda have it spiked/mohawk but my hair is also curly, so it curls over at the minute when i have gel on it, and i dont like use cheap gel its 2.50 a tub and its shockwave's brand.
so can anyboy recommened me a product that increases hair growth? ive seen some before but i want some honest opinions and expeirnces,
also if i want to havbe my hair like 'emo' ish style, would i have to straighten it before putting gel/hairspray on.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/blonde%20emo%20ish%20style/kathstahh/untitled-1.jpg
thanks!

lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2009 at 8:04pm
I'm not sure exactly, but I wish you luck!
~
Life Love Beauty
jenifer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenifer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 12:48am
I think its better to consult the hair expert.It better you can try  olive oil with castor and apply gently in the roots of hair.It will provide nutrients to your hair.
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 2:59pm
Try looking in the long hair section of this forum or reading some of the journals. they have all the info you need. some journals like mine have been around for 2 plus years and i grew out from a  short pixie cut.
lilisa.lopez21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilisa.lopez21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 10:39am
U should use some good hair oil or consult with some good beauty par lours they can give u the right advice.
lilisa.lopez21
miofit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miofit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2010 at 10:17pm
Try to search for hair growth, I'm sure you will find it. Good luck to your hair.
edwinanicola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwinanicola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2010 at 7:51am
Get your hair regularly cut every 6-8 weeks at your hairdresser to keep your hair looking healthy and trust me you'll notice a difference. That means not putting a lot of product in and i would recommend not using the oil. Good Luck!You should eat whole minarals...

Glass Of Venice

Edited by edwinanicola - April 30 2010 at 1:23am
sarahmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2010 at 7:29am
Tough thing to ask for. But you can take the help of coconut oil therapy and let them flow.

megan21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2010 at 5:13pm
I've heard fish oil capsules help hair growth but I've never tried it so I don't know if it's true.
jasikamarshel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasikamarshel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2010 at 6:40am
Growing a hair ,you do a massage with oil daily and a trim you hair monthly and use  a natural product for that and for a massage you use a coconut oil or a almond oil and take a healthy food this a best way use this it help to grow your hair.
jasikamarshel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasikamarshel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2010 at 6:51am
Growing a hair ,you do a massage with oil daily and a trim you hair monthly and use  a natural product for that and for a massage you use a coconut oil or a almond oil and take a healthy food this a best way use this it help to grow your hair.
Deloris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deloris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2010 at 2:55am
I regularly massage my hair with coconut oil at night and shampoo it in the morning. I also trim my hair monthly.
fancysmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fancysmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 2:47am
Fruits and vegetables contain important antioxidants that can help protect hair and promote hair growth faster.Try massaging your scalp every day. Massage helps to promote blood circulation and hair follicle and removes dead cells and helps unclog pores, which allow the hair to grow freely. A good time to do massage your scalp when washing your hair.

Edited by fancysmith - September 08 2010 at 2:49am
aileenroger1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aileenroger1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2010 at 5:28am
One of the best tips of hair growth is to buy a natural homemade hair oil called Mira, which is a combination of oils and herbs that make growing longer tresses possible. Apply in the evening and gently massage the scalp and then wash in the morning. You will find the hair grows much faster.
s7c2b0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s7c2b0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2010 at 9:05pm
I would make sure you are not washing your hair too often so that the natural oils will can help it grow.  Getting it cut every 6-8 weeks worked really well for me, it kept my hair really healthy.  Good luck!
rosaclinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosaclinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2012 at 7:05am
oiling is the best technique..at least thrice a week.
fetamy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fetamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2013 at 12:48am
Use rosemary Oil! This is a extremely beneficial hair oil which promotes healthy hair growth, first warm it before use.
whatisbeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whatisbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 12:15am
Excessive stress will slow down your hairs growth rate and it will make it weaker.It is very important to reduce your stress level as much as you can to get a hair and life more healthy.
shinning_likeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinning_likeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 3:45am
Here are tips you can use to grow your hair longer and stronger:

1. Follow a Healthy Lifestyle
Before we get to the outside, we need to take care of the inside. Yes, what you eat, drink and how you treat your body has an effect on your hair. You need to eat enough fresh fruits and vegetables, drink enough water and exercise regularly for your body's overall health. Since your hair grows directly from your body, when you treat your body well, your skin, nails and hair benefit, too. People who suffer from vitamin deficiencies and unhealthy diets can suffer from dry, brittle hair.
2. Get Regular Trims
This sounds counterproductive if you want your hair to grow longer, but trims help get rid of dry, damaged and split ends which can work their way up the shaft of your hair, causing even more damage. A trim is defined as removing ¼ to ½ inch of hair, nothing more. If your stylist insists on cutting off inches of hair every time you go in for a visit, your hair won't get longer, so either find a professional who understands exactly how much hair you need removed or learn to trim your hair yourself. Depending on the chemicals you have in your hair as well as your daily routine, you may need a trim anywhere from every six weeks to six months. The better you care for your hair on a day-to-day basis, the less often you'll need trims.
3. Use Moisturizing Products
Because black hair is often dry by nature, it's best to use products that replace needed moisture. This includes using shampoos and conditioners formulated for dry and/or damaged hair. These products don't have to come strictly from the "ethnic" hair aisle, either; many mainstream brands make hair products for different types of hair, from oily to dry.
4. Low Manipulation
There's no need to brush your hair 100 strokes per night before going to sleep. In fact, the less you do to black hair, the more it flourishes.
5. Use Protective Styling
Once your hair is a certain length, you might want to wear it loose all the time to let everyone know just how long it is. You want to feel the wind blowing it to and fro, but wearing your hair in protective styles more often than not will help you retain that precious length. Protective styles keep your ends – the oldest and often driest parts of your hair – from rubbing against clothing, pillowcases and car seats. By keeping these ends up and out of sight, you hold in the moisture your hair needs and prevent dryness that can lead to breakage. Protective styling also applies to nighttime care; a silk or satin hair cover or pillowcase is better for the health of your hair than cotton.
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:10am
Ok, this is going to sound obvious, but if you want to grow you hair, don't cut it! Sooo many people think that trimming your hair will make it grow. I am not sure I believe that snipping off a piece at the bottom of an essentially dead hair will stimulate it to grow from the root.

I am not sold. But, it can make your hair look thicker, healthier and shinier based on the pattern of natural hair fallout.

Just keep your hair in good condition by conditioning it and combing it through gently to avoid split ends. And DON'T cut it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic