Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
usefulebooks4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usefulebooks4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Loss
    Posted: November 21 2009 at 9:30am
Educate yourself to prevent hair loss or to stop it. http://bit.ly/5X5xQ
usefulebooks4u
jasikajack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasikajack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2010 at 4:54am
Hair loss,this a occur from using a chemical shampoo,imbalance in diet,level of hormone,stress,pregnancy  this a factor affecting a hair loss,you do massage with oil and take a healthy food that contain a more vitamin this a best for a hair and not use a hair colour use a henna this way you stop hair loss.So good food full of biotin include brewers yeast, green peas, oats, soybeans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, green peas, bulgur and brown rice may definitely help to prevent hair loss.
fairleyferandis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairleyferandis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2011 at 12:04am
Hair Loss is the common problem in a human community and it has so many reasons.Like its due to the Stress,Tension,Nutritional deficiency,insufficient sleep,Dandruff and all.So find the problem first and cure it.Always eat healthy diet with proteins.Go for the oil massage and avoid dandruff.
alan1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2011 at 7:39am

Hair Loss Myths

Hair loss myths which are not true

Due to all the available research and studies done over the years, there still exists a few myths about this heartbreaking condition which are not true but continue to prevail.

Listed below are some of the most common hair loss myths and why they are not true.

Myth #1 – Cutting hair will make it grow thicker

Cutting hair or shaving the head does not promote regrowth or thicker hair. 

In reality, hair is much thicker at the base than at the ends.  After cutting hair, it may appear thicker at first sight because the hair, after being cut is closer to the base and the thinner ends have been remove.

When the hair grows out to its full length, there is no change in diameter from the original hair and the difference in thickness is not noticeable.

Although cutting of the hair has no effect on hair growth rate or thickness, it helps keep hair healthy by removing damaged and split ends.

Myth #2 – Wearing caps or hats will cause hair loss

This is partially true.  You can wear loose caps or hat without any type of hair loss issue.

Hair loss may occur when a cap or hat is worn so tight on the head that it would block all supply of blood to the hair follicles.

Wearing a hat or a cap for a prolonged period of time in a hot or humid climate however, may lead to some amount of hair loss. 

In a hot climate, sweating of the scalp along with the excretion of sebum (the waxy substance on the scalp) may clog the hair follicles and accumulate dirt around it causing the hair to fall faster than it might normally.

Myth #3 – Male or Female pattern baldness comes from the mother’s side

Studies have shown that the gene responsible for male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness can be inherited from either side of the family and not necessarily from the mother’s side only. 

It used to be thought that hair loss came only from the mother's extended family.

Myth #4 – Head stands will cure hair loss

Standing on the head will cause a rush of blood to the head and the scalp which is good for healthy scalps and hair,  but it doesn’t necessarily stop hair loss.  Why?  The hair follicles need more than an increased flow of blood to preserve hair and keep it from falling out. 

It is good for overall circulation but it does not stop, prevent or cure hair loss.

Myth #5 – Washing the head under cold water cures hair loss

Washing of the head under cold water improves blood circulation to the scalp and helps close the hair cuticles for a shinier look but it has no effect in treating hair loss.

Myth #6 – Losing a hundred hairs a day or more is a sign of pattern baldness

Depending which hair loss expert you talk to, normal daily hair loss may be as much as 100 hairs a day.  Others say you should not lose more than 50.

Losing 50-100 hairs a day is not necessarily an indication of hereditary baldness.

This daily hair loss may actually be a process of replacing the dormant hair with new stronger hair occurs during the ‘shedding phase’ of the hair growth cycle. It is not permanent and new hair grows to replace the lost hair.

For people suffering from male pattern baldness, the hair that is shed during the normal shedding phase is replaced by shorter and thinner hairs and after a few cycles hair fails to grow at all. 

The key is to watch the hair closely as it goes through its cycles.

Myth #7 – Excessive use of hair products can cause hair loss

Hair products like pomades, mousse, wax, gels or similar do not cause hair loss. 

They do not do damage to the hair although they can over time build up on the cuticles and cause them to be dull from the build-up.  However, product buildup does not lead to hair loss.

Myth #8 - Hair dyes cause hair loss

Hair dyes may cause temporary hair loss since they contain harsh chemicals that are harmful to hair and they could act as the trigger to kick off hair loss that was already lurking.

The same is true of chemical perms, straighteners, relaxers or even keratin related treatments.

Edited by alan1111 - July 31 2011 at 7:54am
bethgough View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bethgough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2011 at 10:58pm
For Prevent the Hair Loss, you must have to follow these:  Wash your hair  Regularly with a mild and chemical free shampoo, Avoid tight hairstyles, Always keep a distance from dryer's heat, Apply the warm mixture of olive oil.
iyiwebci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyiwebci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2012 at 7:06am
Thank you for the impressive shares.
kimadam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimadam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2012 at 6:03am
You should eat a large number of vegetables. This can be carrots, peas, cauliflower and so on. All of these are excellent solutions of vitamins, especially B6, foliate and biotin which helps in slowing down hair loss and can even enhance hair growth.

Edited by Administrator - June 27 2012 at 9:06am
marieluy143 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marieluy143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2012 at 5:12am
hair loss is a common problem nowadays especially countries like US and Europe, but you can always prevent hair loss by eating the right food and maintaining a proper hygiene and also using product to prevent hair loss

Edited by Administrator - July 02 2012 at 5:03pm
undetectable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undetectable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2012 at 8:13pm
If you need help to restore your hair as naturally as it can be, look for undetectable hair replacement this is a great company because they tell the truth about the hair replacement industry and they offer the best of the best hair replacement systems for less than $200 dollars when salons are charging thousands for lower quality hair systems."

Edited by undetectable - September 18 2012 at 8:21pm
pamelamorris110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamelamorris110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2012 at 2:29am
The LEIMO Personal Hair Laser system works by helping to inhibit the build-up of DHT that causes hair loss and then rejuvenates the scalp to facilitate hair regrowth in three easy steps.

http://www.lazer-comb.com/
DaveMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2012 at 2:20pm
I don’t know what to do. I like the way I look bald cause I’ve shaved my head before, but I want the choice to be bald.

I love cutting my hair different ways and doing different things to it but I won’t be able to anymore.

In the last year I’ve lost half of my hair and most likely in the next year it will ALL be gone. Now I’m trying minoxidil but i don’t know what will happen.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 29 2013 at 1:55pm
dcssalman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcssalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2013 at 1:05am
Depends hair loss causes from different things the main aspect of hair fall is taking too much tension wearing caps etc
huqh123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huqh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2013 at 3:48am
hello , the most thing to protect your hair is keep a good mood and do not use chemical oils on your hair. thanks
priyanka07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priyanka07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 7:57am
Hello
Handle your hair gently and carefully while combing and brushing.
Try using wide teethed combs or own fingers to detangle hair.
Don’t take a bath in very hot water. It will stress the hair and affect its growth.
Gently massage the scalp to stimulate the hair follicles and to enhance the growth of hair.
Trim the hair periodically to eliminate split ends.
Take adequate rest. It makes the growth of hair fast.
Remove all the tangles before washing hair.
Don’t rub hair vigorously using towel to dry.
Eat a healthy diet.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 29 2013 at 1:54pm
alimason3@yahao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alimason3@yahao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2013 at 7:41pm
I am 62 years old, always had healthy think hair, until just recently. I had grown my hir out (to a natural silver color) and decided that I wanted to look younger. My hairdresser dyed my hair brown using wella color. The next morning a lot of it fell out into the shower. She seems as baffled as I am. I dyed my hair for years before I grew it out about 2 years ago. Now it is very thinn, frizzy and I am sick about this. Could it be the Wella color? She applied it 3 times as to make it darker as the silver was not taking the brown. Any thoughts on what do do? Or why this could have happened? thanks. alison
sushil1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sushil1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 10:55am
for prevention hair loss do exercise yoga take vitamins etc and for stopping hair loss then goto doctor first and according to doctor suggestion take medicine
Bio Hair Treatment
sushil1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sushil1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2014 at 4:53am
Try bio hair treatment and rescue your hair from hair loss
Bio Hair Treatment
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic