Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Relaxing Men's Hair (women & men help please)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maxblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relaxing Men's Hair (women & men help please)
    Posted: November 22 2009 at 1:30am
Hey, I'm new to the forum, but i've been wanting to do grow my hair long for a while, but a specific way though.

I'm half black (hatian) and half spanish (chile). My mom has wavy hair because she's on the spanish side, but my dad is hatian. When I grow my hair out, my hair usually grows into an afro, but it's more of a mixed afro not to corse but it's usually pretty curly. I was wondering what is the recommended length I should grow my hair out before thinking about relaxing it so it can be big curly instead of fro like.

I want it to curl something like this

http://z.about.com/d/mensfashion/1/0/V/x/87879331.jpg

or

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/realbeauty/images/Oe/rb-short-curly-hair-13-0809-de.jpg

one of the two, but notice the size of the curls.

As of right now, ive grown my hair up to 2 inches but, i was wondering what would be a good length to relax to get something like the two pictures.

thanks for any input.

luvinghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvinghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2009 at 7:47pm
ok the 2 inch growth you speak of is that the curl when it stretch or in regular curl form im going to assume it is in curl form.

i saw the pics ,they have nice curls ,you may not want to straighten your hair  to achieve this look,you will want to textured it ,meaning leaving the relaxer on for 3 to 5 mins

as far as the length ,your on your way there, the hair in those pics look to be about 6 to 7 inches long in curl form

so keep up the good work of growing out your hair, hair tends to grow about a 1/2 inch per month so you dont haveClap long now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic