Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thin, limp hair --> hair cut advice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mm_megan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mm_megan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thin, limp hair --> hair cut advice?
    Posted: November 22 2009 at 2:18am

So that's me, just in case you were wondering. I don't normally look so depressed and serious.

My hair always looks really limp and dry, and it's also super thin. I was thinking about getting it cut really short, but at the same time I'm nervous it might mess up. I know you guys are good with giving advice, so please look after me! =)

These are the ideas I've had:

Thanks a bunch!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 10:42pm
I actually do not think your hair looks that bad.  It does not look limp or dry to me.  I think you would look great with any of the two styles that you posted, but those styles are a huge difference than what you already have.  Right now I am wondering what kind of shampoo, conditioner and hair products you are using?  Even me, with a head full of Italian hair can have limp hair with the wrong products.  
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2009 at 1:14pm
     Honestly, Megan, you have great hair. Don't buy into the "thin, limp" thing! I do think that the layering was overdone by your last stylist, but the good thing is that as time marches on, layers do blend. It'll only get better for you. Maybe a few minor trims of an inch or so at the very bottom to bring the lengths closer.
     If you do go short, go slowly. You can easily take more any time. Best, Bob Smile
roro0202 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roro0202 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2010 at 2:10am
I think your hairstyle in the first pic is pretty good! It suits your face perfectly! The long/medium hairstyle is better for you than the short.Wink
Miss Burgundy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Burgundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2010 at 2:46pm
I think your hair looks pretty thick on top. I agree with Bob S that it's probably just your layers. If you let it grow and then cut them off (or cut first then let grow), then you'll have nice thick hair at the ends too. And even with the layers at the bottom, I don't think it's limp. It looks like it has nice body and waves.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic