Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going Natural

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
smilegoldn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilegoldn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going Natural
    Posted: December 04 2009 at 12:07pm
Hi I'm new to HairTalk.  I am trying to stop using that creamy crack....natural  hair here I come.  Does anyone have any product suggestions or a road map back to natural hair?  HELP is greatly appreciated!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2009 at 5:25pm

Hi SMilegoldn,

Products vary from person to person. How products work with your relaxed hair with new growth, may not work for your natural hair. It is pretty much trial and error.

If you wish to have all natural hair products, that I can assist you with. As for what works best on your head, may not be something I can help you with.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2010 at 11:12pm
The products also depend on how you plan to wear your hair. Are you still planning to wear it straight (flat ironed) or completely natural? Do you plan to wear braids or a weave while growing it out? These are all things you need to consider as well because during the "in between" phase, you might become discouraged and go back to perming if you don't have a plan set out.
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
mtptl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtptl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 9:39pm

While transitioning I did a braid out (you can also do twist outs), braids, buns, and two strand twist. I've been transitioning for one year so far with shoulder length natural hair and an inch of relaxed hair. The braid outs work the best for me, I braid my hair when damp with a leave in conditioner in it and sleep on it, in the morning I take it out and fluff and throw on a headband. You can wear sew ins, drawstring ponytails, braids, twists, etc. Stay away from heat as much as possible to avoid damage. Also, your hair type will change during your transition, when I was at 5 months I had little curl pattern (so I thought I had 4a/4b hair) just to find out at 11 months that I have 3c/4a hair.

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 24 2011 at 6:05am
Brazilian Knots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilian Knots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 11:51am
I've been natural for 1year and 10 months now, and I am never going back unless it's do or die!  I tell all customers- with Brazilian Knots and Fusion, no one ever ever needs to change the PH balance of their own hair.  Just add what you need and keep on strutting honeY!! Ssshoot my hair was falling out.  Now when I braid it the brands hang down past my collar bone.  I couldn't do a big chop, so I trim the tips each time I wash and caress my hair with Organic Root Stimulator. 

Just condition hair first, THEN shampoo (diluted with 3 parts water).  Use Organic Root stimulator...ALLLL of their line of products.  Black hair loves to drink, drink, drink, if you put your Black hair in a wasteland of no thick pomades, it will crack and fall off- guaranteed.  Never have I carressed, stroked, and spoiled my hair with TLC than these past 2 years, and my lovely kinky Black hair is loving me back.

Try it ladies...and join the ever burgeoning natural hair revolution.  We are a proud people, and should lift our heads up high wearing our braids, or even under a wig, or extensions if you can't.

NATURAL HAIR POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

Brazilian Knots, Treebraids, Extensions styles, plus training. We do it all, 24hrs, all US 50 States, London, and Europe: http://www.upalmit.com/braidstraining.html
sarah alfred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarah alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 8:10pm
god i ll never go out in public without my hair done ...
hope to go natural thought : )

LaraMasterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaraMasterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 4:51pm
Go with natural and highly effective ingredients that make sense and work well with natural hair.

Good luck! It's worth the journey.

All the best,

Lara

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 24 2011 at 6:06am
wigslover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigslover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 12:25am
you can use the Tangle Teezer Hair Brush , it will protect your hairvery very easy and usful ~

Edited by wigslover - August 31 2011 at 12:26am
Brazilian Knots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilian Knots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 11:11am
I have been natural for nearly 36months now- I do treebraids and invisible part weaves- all do not require relaxing or 'texturizing', and are protective styles.

Best of all no glue is involved.  The glue hair extension techs seem to have a problem with me posting that glue is bad for your hair- LOL!  I work with hairloss sufferers to protect/re-grow their hair so I know what I am talking about.  So, any ladies who are currently wearing wigs only because of hairloss, please see my non surgical hairloss solutions also.

One of the most frequent questions I get from first timers is: "do I have to relax my hair first before doing my treebraids/ hair extensions?"  Thankfully, the answer is a resounding NO!  Best of ALL, I am an ouchless braider/stylist and my clients think that is one of the first advantages.  So I definitely recommend you find one such person that is so gifted.  Apparently there are very few of us aroundLOL

Edited by Brazilian Knots - September 06 2011 at 11:19am
Brazilian Knots, Treebraids, Extensions styles, plus training. We do it all, 24hrs, all US 50 States, London, and Europe: http://www.upalmit.com/braidstraining.html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic