Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - hair straightening and thinning hair due to hair l
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair straightening and thinning hair due to hair l

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
io32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote io32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair straightening and thinning hair due to hair l
    Posted: December 04 2009 at 1:55pm
Hi

I suffer from hair loss, my hair is gradually thinning every year.
recently it crossed my mind to use iron hair straighter to straighten my wavy hair.
will this increase my hair loss to thin my hair faster?

Thanks
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2010 at 10:30pm
Absolutely not. If you are experiencing hair loss, that is a problem with your hair follicle however the hair straightening will only effect your hair strands, not the follicle. Just pay close attention that you are not using too much heat to cause breakage because hair loss coupled with breakage would not be desirable.

Also note that if you straighten your hair, it might seem much thinner than when it was wavy because the waves tend to add more volume to your hair. Once they have been removed, your hair will appear much thinner and limp. You might consider clip-in extensions to add more volume once your hair has been straightened.
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic