Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Helpppp...urgent...very bad hair!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Verybadhairday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verybadhairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Helpppp...urgent...very bad hair!!
    Posted: December 13 2009 at 9:30am
Ok, so my natural hair is bad. Infact, I would say it's awful (Pictures coming..)

Anyway, I wash it every other day with shampoo and conditioner (tresemee (sp?) colour revitaliser or something, I have had my hair highlighted once or twice). I've used loads of shampoos/conditioners for dry, damaged blah blah style hair to no avail.
I really need help!
I've been growing my hair awhile now and the longer its getting the madder it's looking (my friend once saw me when I just dried it and called me a mad scientist, but to be fair I do look like one).
I would really appreciate any style tips (i have a side fringe hard to tell in the photo), hair routine tips, any good products (im in UK) etc. Any advice would be gratefully recieved :)
Anyway, here are the photos, don't laugh please! (Natural state after leaving it to dry after shampoing and conditioning). Oh and btw, it used to be twice the size but I got it thinned out a few weeks back.

So, yeh that was a good day actually as my natural hair goes!
I just want to be able to leave the house with decent hair :P
Thanks, sorry it's so long, I hope the pics work
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2009 at 2:41pm
    VBHD, I really like your hair, and I think it has the potential to be as beautiful as YOU hope it might be some day. You say that you've been growing for a while. If you have done this without trimming, I suggest that you might wish to consider trimming. If you're growing from short or layers, initial grow-out can be disappointing b/c the length can look thin. I KNOW that many new growers do not want to lose any length, but trimming can improve the overall look. Maybe ask for 2" from a VERY trusted person who knows how to measure. Ask for less than you are willing to lose, and bring a friend to watch like a hawk! Then, until your layers catch up and thicken your hemline, repeat every 4-6 months. Once you are pleased with the hemline, growing will be more pleasurable for you, with OR without trimming. Good luck! Star Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verybadhairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2009 at 11:31am
Hi there, yes I get my hair trimmed every 8 weeks
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2009 at 9:46pm
Hey and welcome! 

May I suggest maybe cutting down on shampooing and go with Conditioning Only?  It's really great and takes a few washes for your scalp to get used too. 

What I usually do is put a BIG OLD GLOB of conditioner in my hand and use my other hand and dab into it and work it into my scalp just like I'm washing my hair, minus the suds from shampooing. 

It is wonderful and I usually end up washing on Saturday or Sunday once a week with a clarifier.

I also like using EVOO which is Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  Some like coconut oil or jojoba oil for their length too.
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2009 at 9:48pm
Oh and don't use a brush on those beautiful curls!  Finger comb or use a wide tooth comb when slightly wet and once you're satisfied with it, don't touch it!  That's the hard part if you're used to having your hands in your hair! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verybadhairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2009 at 5:48am
Thanks for advice, i'll start putting them into practice :)
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2009 at 1:19pm
Can you update with pics too?

I think once you find a routine you will be like OMG!  My hair does behave! LOL 

Brushing and over working those curls is not good and it looks like that's what you've been doing.  Girl, you got some big hair there!  Don't stress your tresses though, you will find your hairs way! Wink 

But yeah, please update us!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verybadhairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2009 at 1:47pm
Ok, when my hair starts improving i'll make sure to post some pics :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic