Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Salma Hayek bobbed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salma Hayek bobbed
    Posted: December 13 2009 at 1:22pm
At an event yesterday in Berlin, Salma Hayek sported a choppy, shoulder-skimming bob:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/94332507
Kathryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2009 at 1:55pm
looks great on her.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2009 at 5:30pm
Way to ruin my day. Sure, she looks sexy -- she always will -- but from the perspective of a guy who adores long hair, it begs my oft-asked question "If your hair looks that great, why would you cut it?"
Who has more fun than people?
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2009 at 8:06am
I'd amend Kramer's question to say "If your hair looks that great, why would you cut it into a length and shape that's flat and somewhat bland?"

I could see her trying a chin-length and/or inverted bob, or adding sideswept bangs, or (in my dreams) waving or curling it for body. But this version, not much to rave about.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2009 at 11:16am

I agree with Curlyfan

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2009 at 6:47pm
Well, I agree with Kramer.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2009 at 2:06pm
     This cut has sucked the sexiness of her hair into a black hole. If she was determined to bob her hair, she should have gone several inches shorter with an improved line. This cut looks like a frustrating six-month growout. It's hair vainly searching for a style. Did I mention that she might have been better off not cutting it AT ALL??  Angry LOL Bob
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2009 at 4:50pm
Bob S - I agree with you in that the cut should be several inches shorter.
Another one who can look great short or long.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2011 at 12:17am
Nearly two years later... substantial growth.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2011 at 7:23am
Nice post of the longer pic. Thanks for the update.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Jnelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 3:56pm
Awesome !  I always look for Salma's appearances in several different Film-Festivals. Coz she appears with all new hair styles and blended colors.
nabila1230 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nabila1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2011 at 4:28am
its beautiful hair styles, i like it very much, thanks to share with us, keep it up
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2011 at 12:41pm
Looking good.

But I don't think it makes much sense to bump an ancient thread titled "Salma Hayek bobbed" when the exact opposite is true.

Why not start a new thread with an appropriate title and link to this old one?

Edited by natasha - October 01 2011 at 12:46pm
fashionista_15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashionista_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 1:12am
Yeah I love it.  I think she looks beautiful.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2011 at 12:22am
Salma was a guest on David Letterman.

Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2011 at 10:57am
Natasha, to answer your comment, I'd prefer to keep all news for one person in one thread, so it's easy to follow their evolution over months/years. But I do agree that the "bobbed" in the title is misleading, which is why I'd suggest we limit thread titles to just that person's name, so they're accurate forever and hint that the entire discussion of that person can be found there, not just one news item.

Thoughts?

As for Salma, I like but don't love both the bob and this longer version. They're both OK, but I just feel like she could be a whole lot prettier with something more interesting. Don't know quite what.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2011 at 3:20pm
Before we get too off topic, but I don't see a problem starting a new thread when the pics being posted have nothing to do with the old thread.  You can always put in a link to an old thread or to wireimage for comparison sakes.  Just my 2 cents.
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2011 at 6:20pm
I agree with ssjockey.

In addition to the misleading thread title, I also hate having to scroll past dozens of ancient comments (often with broken links or images) just to find out if anything relevant has been added to the end of an outdated thread.

As for limiting thread titles to just a person's name: I don't think that's a good idea.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2011 at 12:07am

How is this different than the "Martina McBride - new cut" thread? Is it really that much of an effort to click on a link and scroll through messages and photos? I am ALL for limiting thread titles to a person's name. See, we agree to disagree.  Natasha, you started this thread, and you have every right to disagree with the "name only" option, but it's much ado about nothing. I added to the thread. It was very easy and it allows visitors to view her hair history. It's not like some headings, which contain outright lies. ("So and so got her haircut" -- when in reality she's wearing a wig or has her hair tucked up.) Feel free to do the research and start a new thread. You're welcome.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2011 at 8:48am
Tell you the truth I like keeping with the person name in the title this way everything is in one post and you can keep on running with that one post.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic