Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for wig care

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
imlizziekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imlizziekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for wig care
    Posted: December 20 2009 at 11:31pm

Hi,

It is good to know how to care hair wigs for the people who have bought them. So here, I am going to share some tips on hair wigs care.

• Use brush only when you are using short, wavy or straight wigs, but if your wig is a long and have a tight curl, avoid using brush. Remove all the tangles before cleaning.
  • Use shampoo which is design to use on wigs. Take a cap of wig shampoo and mix it with cold water, soak your wig in the above mixture.
  • Never wring a wig. Remove all the shampoo carefully.
  • Place the wig on a wig-stand instead of Styrofoam head.
  •  Let it dry completely, once it dried, shake, comb or finger comb. If the wig is not completely dry, never brush or comb it.
  • Never use hair dryer or any other heat device to dry the wig.
  • If you are worn wig on daily basis, it should be washed every 14 days in summer and every 21 days in winter.

Please share your suggestions and ideas to make the thread interesting and informative.

Thanks Lizzie.

Edited by imlizziekay - January 08 2010 at 12:58am
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2010 at 5:19pm
we already have a thread but thanks so much.. i don't recommend a brush at all.. never use them on my wigs..
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 11:33pm
Great info, Lizzie!! Can I add a bit more??

How to Deep Condition Your Wig (Human Hair only):

After your wig has been thoroughly cleaned:
1. Apply a creamy deep moisturizing conditioner with silk (i.e. Silk Elements Mayonnaise Conditioner by Sally's Beauty Supply).
2. Saturate the wig and place it in a plastic bag (i.e. grocery produce bag)
3. Heat the bag using a blow dryer or natural sun (similar to a hot oil treatment).
4. Remove the wig from the bag and rinse in COOL water
5. Allow wig to dry naturally on a wig stand.

This process should be repeated as needed. If hair has been colored/lifted and/or textured, it should be conditioned more regularly to prevent the hair from drying out and breaking. The hair will be left moisturized and soft,...similar to when it was just bought.
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic