Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Advice For Platinum Blonde Hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bkatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Advice For Platinum Blonde Hair!
    Posted: December 25 2009 at 2:29am
Hello, I'm brand new to the site and I need some help deciding what to do with my hair! My hair is currently relatively healthy except for split ends and dryness caused by flat ironing it twice a week.

About a year and a half ago I bleached my hair three times from a dyed black until it was blonde. Since then, I've dyed it auburn which faded drastically since having it done in May and then dyed in once more to a more natural light brown in October.

Now, I want it light blonde again! I know how damaging it is to my hair, and that's why I want to do it right this time. I was told once that the best and healthiest way to achieve blonde is by highlighting hair and building more highlights on top of it until you reach your desired shade. Is this true? I'm afraid that the highlights will come out uneven over time and be too difficult to touch up, so I'm very tempted to just buy a 30 level and do it again myself.

What do you think? Any tips on going blonde? Here's a recent picture of my current haircolor:

Thank you!!

babygirl720 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygirl720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2009 at 11:48pm
It's really hard to say without actually feeling the condition of your hair. When you pull on a strand of hair does it stretch or does it snap right away? Where does it break off at? Highlights are definately a more practical way to lighten up without bleaching your whole head and obviously less damaging. I think if you've bleached it 3 times already bleaching it again will do more harm then good. It's really all up to you... but if you bleach you may have to get a haircut shorter than expected.
I'm selfish, impatient, & a little insecure, I make mistakes, I am out of control, & at times, hard to handle. But if you cant handle me at my worst, then you sure as HELL dont deserve me at my best
bkatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2009 at 1:54am
I just tested my hair, and it doesn't stretch anymore like it used to - just snaps out. Basically, all I have are split ends.

Do you know of anyone who's tried highlighting consistently as a way to go light blonde? I think my hair has become much healthier in a year than I expected, so I may just bleach it out instead.

What volume developer would you suggest to get to a silver white blonde?

Edited by bkatherine - December 26 2009 at 1:55am
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2009 at 7:16am
Maybe try some Malibu, Redken Anti-Snap and Ion Deep conditioning Treatments, protein treatments first? Let natural dry if possible and no flat iron.  You could try a leave in conditioner or smoothing gloss maybe. Embarrassed After a bit you may see the difference or feel it. Then can do strand tests. I think a lower volume slow lift depending on the condition of the hair.  

Edited by borne.blonde - December 27 2009 at 7:19am
yasmin18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yasmin18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2011 at 3:40pm
heyy is that picture with the silver white blonde hair you ? if it is please could you tell me how you managed to get that colour i really love it and want my hair like that haha thanks :)
“Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.”
― Lady Gaga ♥
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2012 at 6:39pm
What i would suggest is to wait awhile, and then bleach and then tone depending on your hair's health or conditon.   What you can also do after bleaching and toning is try purple shampoos and conditioners to keep and maintain your platinum blonde hair.   Oh, and another thing I would suggest you try to keep and maintain your platinum blonde hair is to try real lemon juice.  It will cancel out any red, brassy, and yellow tones in your hair.

Edited by Dark40 - January 17 2012 at 6:41pm
Shannon D. Bax
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic