Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oily Skin Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
erik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oily Skin Tips
    Posted: December 28 2009 at 11:19pm
* Avoid products containing mineral oils as they clog the pores
* Avoid products containing alcohol as they strip your skin of natural beneficial oils
* Avoid pore clogging makeup filled with chemicals; switch to organic mineral makeup
* Avoid eating too many processed fatty foods and cut down your sugar intake
* Avoid excessive alcohol and caffeine – too much can dehydrate your skin
* Avoid wearing makeup to bed – make sure you cleanse each night! Very important as the body renews itself during sleep
Robb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 9:13am
Thx for this Oily Skin Tips. It's much appreciated! Best regards.

manzisofia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manzisofia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 7:56am
Toning lotion is a must: by tightening pores it keeps dirt out and allows your face to regain its velvety smoothness. Keep your skin very clean. Limit washing your face to two or three times a day. To cleanse oily skin, use oil-based products as they dissolve sebum effectively. Opt for oil-free moisturizers to maintain a shine-free complexion.

Glass Of Venice
emmawatson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmawatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 12:21am
If your complexion often looks slick, shiny, or pimply — or all three — odds are you've got oily skin. And while you can't change your skin type, you can take steps to control the problem while keeping that healthy glow.

Edited by emmawatson - June 11 2010 at 11:34pm
Emma Watson
aniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 7:44am
Your probably just going through a stage. just take some clean dry tissues or grab your personal towel and pat your entire face every 2-5hrs. dont wash your face with water too often or your skin will get dry and even more oily.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandysandara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 4:09am
Thank you for your sharing. I also have oily skin, it make me feel trouble. I hope these tips will be work on me
rickydom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickydom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2010 at 10:39pm
Follow the recommendations of dermatologists and a warm bath or shower as water vapor hot. Hot water can strip your skin needs moisture, while cold water can shock your skin.
corymoore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corymoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2011 at 2:08am
Use water based products. Oily skin tends to produce an abundance of oil on the skin, therefore, water based products are the best choice for skin care. Wipe the oily spots on your face by rubbing alcohol or a combination of alcohol and acetone that helps degrease your oily skin.

juliaroberts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliaroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2011 at 1:44am
Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water each day.Water helps flush out toxins from the body.
chasmith0323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasmith0323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2011 at 11:03pm
Yes I also do agree that diet is the most important factor for oily skin. I, for one, got an oily skin. And I believe that this needs special care. I clean it with hot water frequently. Cleaning your face with hot water prevents the pores of the skin from getting clogged. Clogged pores may further result into acne.  Furthermore, too much washing will also stimulate the production of oil in your skin. I worked hours in front of the computer and I can't wash it before sleep. thus, a good mild cleansing astringent works for me. Thumbs%20Up
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2011 at 4:25am
Try to cut down on eating too many greasy foods and eat more fresh vegetables, fruits, beans and nuts. A good healthy balanced diet is far better for getting all those essential nutrients into your body to help promote healthier skin.
neonpatrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neonpatrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2011 at 2:38pm
Tips for oily skin care are as listed under:
1 Drink plenty of water
2 Avoid excessive alcohol and caffeine
3 Avoid unnecessary and harsh treatments
4 Avoid eating oily food
5 Eat more fruits and drink fruit juice
6 Wash your face 4-5 times a day
7 Cover the skin from sun,dust particle and pollution.
jacksmeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksmeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 6:20am
Here are some oily skin tips are, Grind some almonds and mix honey in it, Mix uncooked oatmeal with Aloe Vera and massage gently, Make a pulp of raw papaya and apply, Drink at least 8 to10 glasses of water every day, Juices of citrus fruits like Lemon, grapefruit, tangerine and orange, For Natural Treatment of Oily skin Mix sandalwood paste and Mix cucumber pulp with lemon juice and apply to the face.
killed son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killed son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2011 at 5:11am
Originally posted by rickydom rickydom wrote:

Follow the recommendations of dermatologists and a warm bath or shower as water vapor hot. Hot water can strip your skin needs moisture, while cold water can shock your skin.

Hi,
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><>

i read you all post , and i am agree with you .

i hav some bad skin on my face should i take treatment or surgory it . please help me out !

Thankyou.

< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><> miami liposuction          

Melinda1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melinda1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 6:57am
Always start with a clean face. Then apply a moisturizer that is designed for your skin. If your skin is very dry, be generous with your moisturizer. Oily skin would be better with a moisturizer that has anti-glare to keep the oil from ruining her makeup. Once done, you can continue with the fix applied to the area of skin defects.
kubichang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kubichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 12:54am
1. Drink water
   Hydrate your skin from within by drinking lots of water.

2. Humidifie
   One good option would be to put moisture back into the air. A humidifying system can help your skin remain supple instead of cracked and dry.
eeonmagna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eeonmagna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 4:30am
# Beet juice for instance contains a lot of sugar, and plenty of vitamins: С, Р, В1, В2, РР. It also has a lot of potassium, iron and manganese salts. It is great for reducing stress, overweight and insomnia. Unfortunately fresh beet juice also contains harmful compounds, which are destroyed in contact with air. So before drinking you need to keep it in fridge for 2-3 hours in an open dish. Unfortunately, some people cannot tolerate beet juice, and have bad reactions to it, like vomiting, dizziness, heartthrobs, or states of general weakness.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2011 at 7:36pm
Whatever you do, DO NOT WASH YOUR FACE 4-5 TIMES A DAY!!!. That will cause your oil glands to go on overproduccion. Same with oily hair. I have oily sensitive skin that is also acne prone. I've tried everything!!! The only thing that has worked for me is jojoba oil. I use it as a pre-cleanser before washing my face. I apply it all over my face lo loosen up dirt and makeup. I let it sit a couple of minutes if I have time. If not, I just quickly massage it in and follow up with my face wash. After washing and drying my face, I apply another 2 or 3 drops of jojoba oil, and follow up with my moisturizer. Sometimes I skip the moisturizer. I still have beautiful skin in the morning. Not only is my skin beautiful, soft and shine free, but I also never get a breakout anymore. I might get 1 tiny pimple when the hormones are going crazy, and it goes away fast. Using a toner is also key!!! I almost forgot about that. After drying my face I use a toner. Then the rest of the steps.

Using an oil to control oily skin sounds crazy, but it works. Jojoba oil is actualy a wax. It is very similar to the skin's natural sebum. So it absorbs right away without leaving you with an oily feeling. Since your skin is already moisturized, your oil glands don't have to produce more oil. It kind of tricks your oil glands. It balances out your skin, it makes it softer, it helps with acne scars, and no more black heads for me!!!! This is HG for me. Can't live without it. Also great for hair. I get it on Ebay. You can get any size bottle you want for a great price. Just look for Organic jojoba oil. You won't regret it!
Brandon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 6:58am
Wash your skin twice a day only. Many people seem to think that washing your face more than about three times a day can help control the oil. This removes only the vital moisture and fat from the skin surface. Eat fish consistently. Fish oils have been shown to basically develop the look of the skin. Fish have an necessary fatty acid omega-3. The body requires these fats to function effectively and who depend on us to be supplied by our diet.

jaspertailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaspertailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 11:43pm
This is good information about prevention of oily skin thanks for sharing it in this thread. My skin is also oily and dull so it will very useful tips for me to avoid oily skins.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic