Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pravana Color Extractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fast50Hottie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast50Hottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pravana Color Extractor
    Posted: January 14 2010 at 11:29pm
Hello, My name is Laura. I am new to this site but I need some advice. I use matrix and pravana color usually. I was a level 3 Neutral for my base color and also had some peekaboos of Pravana Vivid Red which were prelighten underneath. I wanted a color change and new it would be hard. I used Pravana Color Extractor twice and got to a level 6 Red/Orange. My desired color is a level 5 Red/Voilet. The instructions say to use 1 or 2 levels lighter than the desired after using their product. I then used a 6.5 Red/Voilet all over. After rinsing, to my surprise my hair was back to a level 3 and looked as if i never touch the dark. And the peekaboos were still showing through with a Red tint. Can anyone explain what I did wrong or why this may have happened to me? Thank you in advance!
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 1:51am
The color extractor doesn't remove the Pravana Vivids (if I remember correctly).

When removing color if it is not completely removed it will reactivate (I think) so to see if it is completely removed you would possibly test a strand with peroxide. 
ASommers74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASommers74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 3:54pm

It will only extact oxidative color. It will not take out non-oxidative colors such as pure pigments nor any metallic or hennas.

I hope that helps. I will strip all color to the underline pigments will show and ready to be colored or toned from there.

Wink
A. Sommers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic