Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

demi permanent hair color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Deb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: demi permanent hair color
    Posted: November 18 2003 at 10:59am
What exactly is demi permanent hair color? I understand that it contains little to no ammonia so as not to blow out the cuticle in order to retain the color. I currently use a Farouk haircolor that doesn't contain ammonia. Does the level of peroxide determine whether it is demi permanent as well? Ie; If I were to use this color with 25 volume developer as a permanent color, but use the same color with 5 volume developer to refresh the color, would this be considered "demi permanent"?
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2003 at 5:01pm
Demi Permanent color usually has a dedicated developer. And depending on the color line it's usually 5-10 volume H2O2.

With less ammonia (demi/color) isn't made to lift. Adding 25 volume developer...?? hmmm It will permanantly change your hair. But would it be as consistant and stable as a permanent color that has a dedicated 25 volume developer?? Well, I've not tried it, But my guess is NO.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic