Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Case of the greasies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Harriet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Case of the greasies
    Posted: February 11 2010 at 3:25pm
Greasy teenage hair! Please, what can I do? My daughter 12 has the case of the greasies, I know it's most likely from puberty but it's driving her and I crazy. Please RSVP!
danamarquez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danamarquez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 2:56pm
How often does she wash her hair? If it's naturally oily and isn't washed every day, this could be the source of the problem. The next time you take her to get a haircut, you should ask the stylist if he/she knows a shampoo that might work better for your daughter.
zimkimgorze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zimkimgorze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 8:50pm
Find a good dry shampoo product...do NOT use baby powder...but cornstarch is OK.  Use that to dust lightly on the greasy sections to help soak up dirt and oil.  It is a little messy so a little bit goes a long way.  Remember to be careful not to get it all over everything.  If you can supplement your daughter's regular shampoo with dry it can extend the results of each shampoo so your daughter will not have to worry about greasy hair by the end of the day.  Also, if her skin is oily, keep her hair off of her face since the oil will naturally transfer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic