Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

weavie wonders?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
springscherry7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springscherry7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weavie wonders?
    Posted: March 07 2010 at 12:53am
I go into the beauty supple stores all the time to buy hair, but the shop i go to no one really has time to explain anything to me, which makes me mad bc i always spend my money there but theres always a bunch of people there, anyways long story short, i dont know the differences between all the hair types as far as whats the diff between yaki and synthetics and all the different types of weaves that are available. The packs i usually get are between 25-35 dollars. and they are ok but dont last long, i know that certain hair types last longer than others but whats what ? im so confused when i go there i just stick towards what i can afford! :( help please :) Confused
Springs
prowessence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prowessence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2010 at 11:12am
Hello,

The cheaper hairs are generally non Remy hairs and there life span is maybe 4 to 6 weeks one time use.
The more expensive hairs are Remy hairs and there life span is 6+ weeks and can be used multiple times.
Remy hair means that the cuticles are intact which will prevent tangling.
I am currently wearing Remy hair and I worn it once already for 6 weeks and now I have reinstalled it for the second time. I am able to wear my hair over and over again with the proper care and maintenance. This will keep me for buying hair every time I need it done. I buy new hair when I want a new style or I have cut the hair and unable to reuse it in a particular style. If you want quality long lasting hair then Remy is your best bet. I only sell Remy hairs because of the quality.
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 12:52pm
Unfortunately, trips to the hair shop can be very frustrating for someone who needs more information. Many times, the store owners are unwilling to spend too much time with a client in the fear of being distracted while another shopper steals merchandise. You have come to the right place.

I absolutely agree with "prowessence" in regards to the value in Remy human hair. Indeed it is more pricey however when you think of how much wear you get, it is well worth it.

During my time in this industry, I have heard many misconceptions about "yaki" hair. Many clients actually believe that it is animal hair or comes from a yak. To the contrary, yaki hair is indeed human hair however the term refers to the texture. Yaki textured hair is very similar to the texture of straightened African American hair. For clients who have coarse hair and do not prefer to wear silky straight hair, yaki might be the best option.

Synthetic hair is a man-made fiber, not human hair. It is generally much cheaper than human hair however it will melt if too much heat is applied. There are some high heat synthetics that allow heat up to 200-300 degrees which mimic human hair (without the matting) that are very affordable as well. In addition, there are human hair and high heat synthetic blends that are new to the market and are extremely popular.

I hope this information helps! We offer a myriad of articles about hair, extensions and wigs that you may find useful as well.
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
ondawayup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ondawayup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2010 at 5:03pm
Thumbs%20Up thanks for question weavie I too needed an answer about hair. Thanks to those that had an answer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic