Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Oil vs alternative treatments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Oil vs alternative treatments
    Posted: October 18 2011 at 1:38pm
I alternate my treatments.  One week I will do a hot oil treatment, and then the next week I will do a deep conditoner but then again i switch my products.  So, sometimes I will do daily deep conditioning treatments.
Shannon D. Bax
Miss Burgundy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Burgundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2010 at 1:37am
It's only a recommendation. There's no rule for how often or how many different treatments you can do. You can do one every day, once a week, or once a month. And you can alternate between treatments however you want.

If you've never done treatments like this before, then I would advise you to start off with just one thing and not with 2 or 3 treatments at once. This is so you'll be able to tell what your hair and scalp does or doesn't like. After you've experimented with one thing for a while and determined if it's had a positive, negative, or no change in your hair, then you could move onto a different treatment and either continue or drop your first treatment depending on your results. Or if your completely happy with your hair after the first treatment then you could just stick with that one. You don't need to put everything on your head unless you want to. Uncomplicated routines are okay.
Pheenix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pheenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2010 at 12:05pm
So, it is recommended that you do a hot oil treatment every week, but no more than that. And yet there are also various other hair treatments, some purchased and some home recipes, that also appear to be recommended for once a week.

Do you only do one of the two? Do you do both? What's the deal?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic