Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All over color VS. all over foils

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
portrgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portrgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All over color VS. all over foils
    Posted: December 15 2003 at 3:09pm
SO... now that I finally got my hair back to near it's natural color and have seen the roots of my hair, I realize why I always had highlights or dyed it in the first place! It's such a mousy brownish color... haha. Anyway, I'm going to be getting my hair highlighted tomorrow. I was going for the all over foils but then I was thinking if all over color would be better to achieve what I wanted... just a single process two times lighter color than my hair now... (only my roots are my natural color) I want something like Trista's hair in the pic at the top of this website. Just a medium buttery blonde?? Maybe not even that light...

So... highlights or all over color?

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 4:11pm
I would think all over color since you are not changing your color all that much but Sophie is the in house color expert.. b mail her!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 5:37pm
Hey Guy's, Hi, its me Sophie.

I looked at both pics Portrgirl, and your color in the pic isn't that far off from Trista's in that pic.

But from what I can see her hair is a weave maybe with more than one color. In fact many times we will do a highlight or multi-dementional weave and then do a quick root softening right after(anothr name for it is breaking the base)....this means after the hilte is rinsed I will quickly brush on a color, just on the base or new growth...just a shade lighter than your naturl color....quick on, quick off, it gets taken off usually within the first 10 minutes.

This technique gives the over all color a little bit brightr finshed look...really fun, really cool looking.....Sometimes I will do this to my highlts that are 5-6 weeks grown and it refreshes the hlt + it gets my client a few more weeks before they have to reweave....or hlt.

I don't think you would achieve that with all over color. ....sorryfor the shorthnd in a hurry..Cheers
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 5:39pm
Hey portrgirl...I meant to ask is that pic after you had color removed?? it looks in good condition
portrgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portrgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 6:08pm
So what should I ask for when I go tomorrow? All over foiled highlights in the main color with a few placed in a shade darker of blonde?

And you think that Trista has highlights to get it blonde or all over color?

Oh and for the color you put on last is it just b/c the foils don't get close enough to the roots so make it just a little lighter so they don't have to come back so soon? I'm going to a cost cutters b/c I really can't spend $100 or more every 5 weeks! and I'm not sure if they'll know what I mean...

And yes... that's my hair after I've had it colored blonde for months and months and then after I had it dyed back to my natural color... It actually is REALLY healthy... Kinda strange I think. Maybe I just eat right all the time! Thanks for noticing!! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic