Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HAIR EXTENTIONS NYC - CATHERINE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zumazip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumazip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAIR EXTENTIONS NYC - CATHERINE
    Posted: April 19 2010 at 10:45am
Catherine made my nappy hair look and feel AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Check her out if your in New York City, NY just found this in the News.......

WOW very informative.........................

THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN A STYLIST WHEN CONSIDERING HAIR EXTENSIONS

ARE HAIR EXTENSIONS THEIR SPECIALTY? HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN PROVIDING HAIR EXTENSIONS?  

Generally, stylists that specialize in extensions, have several years experience, and that have applied at least 300 services - have a higher probability of giving you a quality result. You also want to make sure the photo's in their portfolio are their own work and not photos purchased from a hair company. 

HOW MANY METHODS OF APPLYING HAIR EXTENSIONS ARE THEY FAMILIAR WITH?

While many stylists may prefer one method, you want someone who is very knowledgeable with many of the methods available. Are they customizing the extension to your specific situation? Ask them WHY they prefer the method they are using? Is it because it is the best method for you? Or is it the only method they know that is being sold to them by one company? While I have WORKED with almost every method available (I am familiar with all methods) I prefer a finer weave technique with wefted hair as I find in most cases this causes no or very minimal damage, gives greater fullness, and is the most cost effective in the long run. If I think the client’s hair is too weak and damaged to begin with, I recommend a removable system so the clients’ own hair is not further damaged. I don’t make as much money as one would with weaving, bonding, or links, but it is the best method
for that specific customer.  

ARE THEY CONCERNED IF YOUR HAIR IS FINE? ARE THEY CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR HAIR INTEGRITY AT ALL?

If the stylist doesn’t seem to notice that your hair is very fine or seem concerned when you mention that your hair breaks easily – it is not a good sign. Unfortunately, everyone “says” their method doesn’t damage the hair. The skill of the person applying the extensions and the condition of your hair is also a big factor. 

DO THEY HAVE DETAILED KNOWLEDGE OF THE DIFFERENT HAIR QUALITY TYPES?

Hair quality and color match is probably the most important factor as to how “real” your hair extension will appear. Your stylist should have a thorough knowledge about hair quality. Human hair is a generic term as a lot of human hair is not good quality. There are many terms used to describe hair quality and it can vary with each wholesaler. Here is a general list from the highest quality down: Russian Virgin Unprocessed Hair, Italian Cuticle Blend, European Cuticle, Indian Remy, Chinese Human, and Yaki Human. Ninety-nine percent of the bonding systems out there use Indian Remy hair which is not the “best” hair available – especially in lighter colors. Custom blending to match hair color and texture is extremely important so where your hair ends and the extension hair begins, is completely undetectable. I custom blend to match tone, highlights, lowlights, two-colored hair, (etc.) EXACTLY. 

ARE THEY TRYING TO HELP YOU OR YES'ING EVERYTHING TO MAKE A SALE?

You have to go with your gut on this one. But, if you have legitimate issues and concerns and they’re telling you everything is wonderful and not discussing the pros and cons – Beware.

DO THEY GIVE YOU A DETAILED MAINTENANCE PROGRAM?

If they don’t give you specific, written, maintenance care instructions – either they don’t care or they don’t know. I can’t believe how many people have come to me to remove matted hair extensions because they were never told by their stylist to braid the hair when swimming. You cannot dive in a pool with your hair “flowing” with ANY type of hair extension. It is also important to have timely maintenance, and proper hair care techniques. There are certain shampoos and conditioners that work well with extensions and others that do not. Price is not always the determining factor in this one.

DO THEY GUARANTEE THEIR WORK?

While hair is very expensive and custom made or ordered, it is too costly to refund because you “changed your mind” or your boyfriend or mother don’t approve. You should be 100% sure before proceeding with hair extensions. But, if the hair mattes, is falling out, or the color doesn’t match, the stylist should stand behind the work and make it right for you.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Familiarize yourself with the types of extensions available and the terminology used in the business. The internet has extensive information and will give you insight. When you are informed, you'll be able to ask better questions to determine if what the stylist has to offer is right for you. Quality hair extensions are an
investment. It's a shame when clients receive sub-quality work and/or damage to their own hair. Unfortunately, I have clients where I was the third person they came to before finally receiving beautiful, quality hair that looks like their own.

ABOUT CUSTOM HAIR BY CATHERINE

Catherine began providing hair extension services in 1989. She has been trained in and researched extensively all aspects of hair extensions, hair replacement, styling, color, and highlighting. Quality and hair integrity is a number one priority in all her work. She’s worked in Los Angeles, South Beach, and has been in New York City since 1999. Her clientele range from
Models, Actresses, Musicians, and Dancers to Wall street and Business Executives. Catherine has also worked in hair and make-up for photo shoots. Her credits include editorial and fashion advertising in Vogue, Italian Vogue, In Style, Seventeen, Cosmo Girl and Fitness Magazine. In addition she has also worked on numerous TV Commercials, Full Frontal Fashion TV, Music Videos, and Commercial Print Campaigns.

two0426 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote two0426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 10:47pm
Every Monday Scott Andrews wow gold contributes Officers' Quarters, a column about the ins and outs of guild leadership Frcwekvnasp . He is the author of The Guild Leader's Handbook, wow power leveling available this spring from No Starch Press.
Who deserves to be an officer? Guild leaders struggle with this question quite a bit. It comes down to this question: In your guild, does the officer rank exist to reward players or to give them responsibilities? In other words, what is the purpose of the officer rank? Later, wow gold I'll talk about the two most common purposes. But first, this week's e-mail comes from a player who feels he deserves a promotion to officer.
Hey Scott,
I've been playing with a group of people for five years now. We've stuck together as a guild for most that time, though we've moved from tag to tag over the duration. I left WoW for a short period while I moved across the country and upon my return found the guild I had been in was disbanded and we had merged with another guild.wow power leveling No big deal, we've done it before. I was an officer in the old guild, but was not promoted to officer status in the new (too many officers, not enough members, etc.). Again, no big deal.
Over the past three months I've taken a very proactive aion gold attitude in the guild. I wrote the guild constitution, restructured the guild hierarchy, built the guild site, organized events and assisted raid leads on a regular basis. In the meantime three of the five officers all but vanished from the game and only show for the occasional raid. Both the co-leaders have stated they want to make me an officer, aion gold but nothing has come of it. Our guild leadership is notorious for procrastinating. I'm doing all the duties (and then some) of an officer without the promotion. I feel the officers are taking advantage of me at times. Should I outright ask for the promotion? What's the best course of action here?
NAO, much depends on the way officers are perceived in your guild and the purpose wedding dresses of the officer rank. In some guilds, officers aren't actually the people who carry out the day-to-day business of the guild and bear the burdens of responsibility for all of those tasks that you've been performing. wow power leveling Rather, the officers are merely the members who have been there longest, who happen to know the guild leader in real life, or perhaps simply the players whom the guild leader feels are deserving of the privileges of the officer rank.
In those guilds, being an officer is a reward. Unburdened by too many extra duties, the officers rule like monarchs. They take care of the occasional crisis. wedding dresses They handle inviting and kicking players according to their whim. Meanwhile the average citizens are expected to make sure the guild is functioning smoothly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic